Towhook position on a Cyril

paulorenato123

paulorenato123

Hi guys!

I've been looking all over the net and can't find any info.Would anyone with a Cyril be able to give me the distance between the end of the  nose cone and the very beginning of the tow hook? 

I've got an F3F fuse and want to try and launch it off a bungee, on those days with no wind.

The problem is with a winch you take your foot off the pedal a your plane should hopefully be alright as with a bungee, well, once you let go there's no turning back... And from what I've read the Cyril is kind of sensitive to the tow hook position. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Paul

I have 2 Cyril's that I used a lot for F3B. From the end of the nose cone to the inside of the tow hook is 121.5 mm. See attached picture.

Erik

towhookcyril.jpg

the picture shows the hook very far forward, which is great to start with, however if you want a more aggressive rotate early and hold tension, you will need it further back.