Sign in to follow this  
Peter G

BMFA Reserve - Hole of Horcum 5th July

Peter G

Just to let you know that the reserve date in the calendar set for 5th July has been confirmed for Hole of Horcum as this was the first competition lost.

I'm sure Martin will open the entry as normal in due course.

• Like 1

oipigface

Clashes with the Lisbon Eurotour....can't do everything, I suppose!

isoaritfirst

Not ideal following on right after the north of England. 

Peter G

You will have to speak to the comp sec about changing it, JP.

Good luck with that ;)

mtreble

Not ideal following on right after the north of England. 

​Just think of the North of England Open as a practice run :thumbsup:

Martin_N

Hi,

We have 2 reserve dates which we try to use in each half of the summer league season.  Which ever contest we lose first in the first half of the season that gets the 1st reserve date and which ever contest we lose in the second half that gets the 2nd reserve date.  We would then ask the potential hosting club if they are able to host the contest, if not then we will ask other clubs in the region (example: If HoH couldn't have hosted it, then maybe Long Mynd would have been the next option to ask, if this wasn't possible then look further afield).  We do also look at where league events have already run. Last year we didn't have any one day events in the North, therefore we made sure the last reserve date was used for the HoH (I think). If possible we do not want a situation where a pilot could win the league using all the contest from one slope (We will capture this at the GBSRA AGM this year)

The fact that the Euro Tour is the week before is unfortunate and 100% agree Mike its not ideal but its how it has worked out.  This situation will never have a silver bullet and will always be a compromise somewhere along the line. If we have more slopes in the future then maybe it will open up our options, we are doing everything we can make sure we get out and fly.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 3

Martin_N

Hi All,

Registration for BMFA F3F League reserve date at the Hole Of Horcum on the 5th July is now open.

Registration has opened up 24hours late therefore I will not close registration until Thursday 2nd July at 10pm

Registration Form: https://drive.google.com/openid=1U6nhYdQPCxVwJcWP2UUaGThtTjiX3UvnEJT9oVePIlc

You can view entry here: https://drive.google.com/openid=1Z4zC6K914QDX0Yhn0L1a7436O2cZEBLjw5d8LNYzK7c please make sure you have selected the right entry tab.

Note: I will not accept any other method of entry.

As per all 1 day contests, a weather call will be made on Friday evening around 8pm and WILL be the local CD's decision. This information will be made available on BARCS and through F3Fyahoo group email.

BARCS Link: http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/topic/5397-bmfa-reserve-hole-of-horcum-5th-july/

Let’s hope for good entry and good conditions.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Martin_N

Martin_N

Hi All,

Reminder for registration which closes on Thursday at 10pm.

thanks

Martin

Peter G

Are you and Simon playing late entry roulette again? :drool:

Martin_N

Lol no I'm entered, not sure what Simon is doing.  I think there is a big aero towing event this weekend as well so maybe deciding which to attend.

Martin_N

Hi All,

Registration is now closed. A weather call, meet time and locatin will be sent out tomorrow evening.

Thanks

Martin

Jon_E

Hi Guys

Sorry, but I really can't see us getting in a meaningful comp on Sunday.

With light winds moving from ESE to SSW, we could end up chasing what little wind there is around the bowl. Maybe some showers to add to the mix, and I think you can see where I'm leading to

Given the weather forecast I have at the mo, the comp is OFF

Jon

Greg Dakin

Downer - aspirations of a Hanstholm holiday are diminishing fast :-(

Greg

Peter G

My thoughts too Greg. Not sure if I can justify the miles between me and the rest of the league. 

Ian F3F

As I was on the way already I've spent the day flying at horcum today. A fantastic afternoon. The wind tomorrow is at the top of the bowl and across I think. If anyone fancies a days flying

Ian

• Like 1

f3fman

Hope you have a nice curry tonight, and another day of good sport flying tomorrow Ian  8-)