North of England Open ( Eurotour ) 26th-28th June 2015

Jon_E

I managed to avoid the worst of the variability and I am still smiling at my final placing :)

I think I probably had your share, George. Not that I'm complaining. I had an enjoyable weekend even though it wasn't all that successful. 

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Just played with colouring in the score sheet - just because it amuses me.

Yellow shows scores over 900 - significant due to lack of them amongst the top of the board.

Pink shows pilots with no scores over 900 

I'm feeling very average.... lol

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Looking at Mike's spread sheet i think we should introduce a trophy for the lowest placed round winner :unsure:

Well run comp and a very enjoyable three days.

Well done to the top guys and the rest who make these comps possible.

• Like 1

Rocket Ronnie

Andy I never said it was a short cut.

The a64 can get clogged up after a nice day with the coast traffic, that route is easier than sitting in Traffic.

And i took it easy cause you where following me.  :  )

• Like 1

Andy I never said it was a short cut.

The a64 can get clogged up after a nice day with the coast traffic, that route is easier than sitting in Traffic.

And i took it easy cause you where following me.  :  )

i appreciated the thought mate

• Like 1

Just to add my thanks to Jon, Mark, Frank and Ronnie for all the hard work - and a splendidly enjoyable weekend! Congrats to Peter, Kevin and Simon. 

Apart from the flying, the highlight for me was seeing Mark's scoring system standing up so well to its three-day shakeout. Excellent work!

Will post the link to some photos asap (they're all uploaded but it's taking a little time for them to be rendered on Zenfolio's server).

• Like 1

Excellent three day comp.

Thanks Jon Mark Ronny and Frankie for all there hard work, also to all for making it a great weekend and the weather gods for the fun they share with us.

Again I must learn to fly above the hill and not through it:(

JP

• Like 3

A very enjoyable weekend, and a big thanks to the team that made it run very smoothly - Jon E, Mark T, Ronnie & Frank.  Thanks also to Richard at T9 and MKS for sponsoring the prizes - both are long term supporters of F3F in the UK

Well done to Peter K for his consistent flying, in spite of quite a few flights in mediocre conditions.  Good to see Knewt back and making the best of some good air.  

I peaked in the very first round... it was downhill after that, apart from the first attempt at the final round that got lost with the rain.

Mark Treble's Android based F3F timer (coupled with Jon Edison's original system) worked impressively well, and with the further developments planned will be a fantastic system.

Simon

isoaritfirst

Just reposted the sheet above as I had cropped it too much and cut of the top three.

It makes interesting reading when you look down the rounds.

Round 4 was of course the split round so confuses,

but on others MikeS and JohnP round wins jump out as significant ones, with no one else making a > 900 score.

Kevs round 11 also very damaging for most with only JP making a >900

• Like 1

Just reposted the sheet above as I had cropped it too much and cut of the top three.

It makes interesting reading when you look down the rounds.

Round 4 was of course the split round so confuses,

but on others MikeS and JohnP round wins jump out as significant ones, with no one else making a > 900 score.

Kevs round 11 also very damaging for most with only JP making a >900

Really interesting Mike - my interpretation is that the top three flew the indifferent air more efficiently than the rest of us, and were probably more savvy with ballast selection.

I foolishly flew a high ballast strategy throughout the event - which worked well in the purple air, but really hurt in the more average conditions. This may have caused me to drop into the 600s and 700s, whilst Peter, Simon and Kevin consistently scored in the 800s. That and some poor flying.....

Ah well, back to OCD with the wind speed meter and 100g increments :-(

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 3

Mark T's equipment really prove robustness surviving the 3 days with even some rain, so thats a good start :-)

The language options are a nice option, may be you can sell to La Muela wher we suffer bad transparency :-)

• Like 1

Great photo's Mike, especially the last couple.

I'm not sure ballast strategy was that critical Greg, the Fosa Lift seems to lap it up and still turn well in lightish air.

Saturday was very hard work! When the air was good, there was something to work with at both ends (easy & fun 35-40s), then there was middling air without much thermal influence but straight on (pleasant 40-48s), then there was air influenced by thermals elsewhere but close enough to pull the wind crossed (challenging 48-55s). The joys of Levisham!