Sign in to follow this  
Jon_E

North of England Open ( Eurotour ) 26th-28th June 2015

isoaritfirst

The real joy is when the air is influenced by thermals elsewhere.

Normally on the landing area - just  to rub salt into the wound!

I remember one of those , or was it two, or was it one that felt like two.....

Greg Dakin

Great photo's Mike, especially the last couple.

I'm not sure ballast strategy was that critical Greg, the Fosa Lift seems to lap it up and still turn well in lightish air.

Saturday was very hard work! When the air was good, there was something to work with at both ends (easy & fun 35-40s), then there was middling air without much thermal influence but straight on (pleasant 40-48s), then there was air influenced by thermals elsewhere but close enough to pull the wind crossed (challenging 48-55s). The joys of Levisham!

I'm sure that you're right Pete - I guess that I'm trying to establish logic from a series of variable conditions which may transcend model set-up. I really don't know.

Certainly, the Space Lift is a fascinating model on many fronts, not least of which is it's ballast carrying capability. I'm learning to appreciate Jiri comments on the airframe being the most critical of his range to set-up.....

Cheers

Greg