Tracker 100s - lite flite uk

Rick Lloyd

Hi all 

lite flite UK has been force to shut down and will no longer be able to produce trackers 100s or the claymore anymore or anything else 

this is due to a fire that has wiped out my hole workshop,  moulds, models, cnc machine the lot 

Rick 

Thanks  all 

I will know more when I get back from my holidays as the happened the day before we came away so haven't looked though the mess yet but looking at where the flames started at It looks most likely cause was a elect fault on a compressor that had been used 15 minutes earlier 

but who knows !!!

It doesn't take long for fire to take hold this was only 5 minutes after the fire brigade were called I gave up with the garden hose as it was to hot to go near and the flames had started to come out of the window

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 1highfly

Perhaps this would be the basis of a "kickstarter" type project to resurrect the business within the soaring community? 

Perhaps this would be the basis of a "kickstarter" type project to resurrect the business within the soaring community? 

Hi all

can I ask how many people would be interested in getting involved. to get the Tracker and Claymore back up and running I'm not going to mention any costs at this stage.. 

I have had a quick look at at the kickstart site and it seems a good idea but it is a all or nothing funding

this is only a idea at the minute and I'm just throwing the idea out there

Rick

• Like 1

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear of the loss of the tooling and everything.

I have a little experience with Kickstarter and one of my consultants has run a successful funding venture through the scheme. If you want to chat drop me a PM. It is a little involved and needs a lot of planning to satisfy the requirements.

Simon V

Could we get this issue upto to the front page of the BARCS website to see what we can stir up (and hopefully get it out on social media too), British modelling industry needs all the support it can get (and we can offer) ?

Timbo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lite Flite UK

Is fighting back, a new workshop has been built and nearly finished.

I have managed to secure the use of a large CNC machine at a local company.

But I have a small problem with the funding of the new tooling for the Claymore and if there are enough funds the Tracker 100s will also be retooled 

So here is the catch!!!!!

I’m looking for donations to get Lite Flite UK back up and running. All money will be going towards the model/s (I will be working for free until models are being produced again)

As a thank you for your kindness I will offer 5% off any products that you buy from Lite Flite UK in the future.

Please feel free to contact me by email or PM if you would like to discuss at

ralloyd15@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou

Rick

Hi Maryn

I not sure on the total need yet but more the more I can spend on the tooling the better.

the material just for the plugs for the plugs  is adding up to around £300 in the minute in total I think I will need around £1500 I'm not asking for all for that as I will fund as much as I can out of my pocket

But any amount will help even £10 towards the project is a big help

there is hell of a lot time already invested in the drawings and I just don't wont to let go down the drain all though some changes have been made to the Claymore from a 3 pc wing to a 2pc 

Rick

Edited by 1highfly

Hi Martyn

I can Pm you the account no. which will be used for all the funding to keep thing transparent if anyone wants to see  

or 

paypal at my email address (ralloyd15@yahoo.co.uk) 

BACS would be the better way I think

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Rick, it would be nice to see the Tracker continue its a good all round model and its all I have flown for many years. 100s is still on the decline and our 100s comps will probably not survive long but I will still use them for open comps. If you send me your bank details I will make a donation towards whatever you decide to resurrect whether it is the Tracker or not, I will put a note on my website in case others wish to also donate.

I hope all goes well this time best of luck

Alan Morton

BARCS 3005 glassflight1@talktalk.net