Sign in to follow this  
Martin_N

BMFA F3F League Northern Contest 6th September

Peter G

No mate :(

Switched on the FS3 and it had 3/4 down elevator in it. Switched on the Pitbull, same. So borrowed George's FX30 taking my models off the card. Really handy that you can do that when you're buddy has the same tranny but not the ideal start to a comp! At least I didn't kill any models and by round 3 I was flying the FS3 light and tight as planned and all was well...

Today, I switch on the TX and its OK again :huh: I think I have traced it to the (4 pin) connectors between the pots and the board, its a known issue as reported by Pierre here - http://planet-soaring.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/futaba-t12fg-robbe-fx30-issue-alert.html

I saw that back then and thought it mine must be one of the good batch. Planning to hit the connector pins with electrolube and maybe drop a blob of epoxy on the leads coming out of the plug to try and ensure it doesn't happen again...

Bob Dickenson

Very enjoyable day, even though I came last, last and dead last. Hope to do some more and improve

Martin_N

Massive thanks to Mark R and Mark T for making this happen and running the contest.  You have an amazing slope at Hawes and I am sure many others in the area.  I 100% appreciate you all sharing this with the rest of the F3F community, the hard work Mark R has done in gaining access to others in the area and getting the permission to run contests at these sites.

Thanks everyone keeping the bases manned throughout the day, no buzzer supreme and no issues :).

The wind stayed a little more westerly than forecast which made the flying interesting and ballasting even more critical.  The air was mixed but I think in general the number of rounds helped even this out.

Well done to Simon, certainly didn't have the greatest air of the day, but managed to fly consistent and make the most out of what he got.

thansk

Martin

Mark T have uploaded the Spreadsheet and can be downloaded here: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/league-result-sheets Also league table has also been updated.

oipigface

Just got home. Enjoyed the weekend a lot. Thanks to all involved, especially whoever made the weather!

John T

Nice to get some flying in, especially on a different slope.

Thanks to Mark for sorting the comp and the other Mark for trying to pronounce my name correctly on the new software. If it wasn't for this distracting my flying, I am sure i could have placed a lot higher   :unsure:

simon_t

Lovely slope, great views, and the treat of seeing the red arrows (below the horizon) and the Vulcan flying up Wensleydale.  Conditions were rather variable, which most found frustrating.  Martin had the most (and fastest) round wins with 5, and would have probably got the win without an error on one flight - I had 4 but also was 15/16 in one round, and without any mistakes - that air sucked!  Felt absolutely knackered today though, after the 625 mile round trip.  But would do it again for the views and the slopes in that area.

Thanks Mark & Mark in particular for bringing us this comp.  I suspect we will be there again sometime.

Simon

• Like 1

Gromit

Lovely slope, great views, and the treat of seeing the red arrows (below the horizon) and the Vulcan flying up Wensleydale.  Conditions were rather variable, which most found frustrating.  Martin had the most (and fastest) round wins with 5, and would have probably got the win without an error on one flight - I had 4 but also was 15/16 in one round, and without any mistakes - that air sucked!  Felt absolutely knackered today though, after the 625 mile round trip.  But would do it again for the views and the slopes in that area.

Thanks Mark & Mark in particular for bringing us this comp.  I suspect we will be there again sometime.

Simon

625 miles , Yikes :o , respect due Simon .

Stu.

• Like 1

Martin_N

Yep long way 580 miles for me got home at 10:30pm then up at 5am for a drive to Bristol and all day meeting that started at 9am :( .

I'm guessing Tony had a pretty long drive as well.  It was great to see Tony at Hawes I think he gained a lot from the experience, he had some very good flights but also some challenging air which he dealt with very well.

Gromit

Yep long way 580 miles for me got home at 10:30pm then up at 5am for a drive to Bristol and all day meeting that started at 9am :( .

Terrific dedication Martin.

Stu.

Greg Dakin

Really enjoyable day out, and a great slope to boot!

Many thanks to Mark for performing the heavy lifting and enabling access to the site. 

Congrats to the super consistent GBR team pilots - a very convincing performance to say the least. I feel decidedly inadequate going into the Welsh Open...

Here's to the further use of Yorkshire's wondrous slopes as we transition into 2016.

Cheers,

Greg

Edited by Greg Dakin
  • Like 1