BMFA 2015 F3K Nationals 31 Aug 2015 - CANCELLED

TonyHickson

Switching mid-thread following the demise of FQ.

Think this got sent out to everyone, but just in case, see map of the field below. Postcode is DN22 8SB

Wetlands field and camp locations.jpg

Edited by TonyHickson

Richard Swindells

Sorry about the issues with flyquiet. Unfortunately on our last day of holidays on saturday, our Caravan was stolen from Disneyland Paris, including all my models, trophies etc  from the world championships. All my families clothes, childrens favorite toys, computers, tablets etc

Unfortunately this means it is taking me a little longer than I would like to repair flyquiet and also means that I will not be able to make the nationals (or any other f3k events this year)

good luck to everyone else competing there!

Richard

Edited by Richard Swindells

Oh my God Richard! So, so sorry to read what's happened.  Am in a bit of shock. Please let me know if I can help out in some way.

Carlos

I am so sorry to hear of the theft.  Devastating to loose all your stuff like that.  I am lost for words.

Edited by mikef

That is awful news Richard. Can't imagine what it must be like. Good luck getting it sorted.

No need to apologise about the FQ issues. Gives us an opportunity to start making the F3K forum on here the liveliest as per your request sooner rather than later!

Richard,

Sorry to hear about the van. That's terrible.

Mike c

Will there be a weather call for this comp, and if so when?  

Mike c

Planning to make a weather call about 1 o'clock today. (Depends exactly what time the roast lamb I can smell in the oven is ready, eating that will take priority!)

Please check this thread before travelling.

I'm not sure whether there's some other rules I should be following as it's the Nationals, but in the absence of anything else I'm going to follow our normal procedure of CD calling the weather at lunchtime the day before.

On the basis of the forecasts from Windyty and BBC Weather below the competition is CANCELLED.

We need approximately 2 hours of flyable weather to get the minimum 4 rounds in (think that's the right number) to make it a valid comp. BBC suggests we may get that late afternoon, but I think it is marginal as their forecast a couple of hours ago suggested that wasn't the case. And looking at their rain forecast with the time slider suggests we will be lucky to get 2 hours. Windyty suggests we won't get a 2 hour window.

If people could check-in to confirm they have got the message that would be great. 

Tony

Retford 30.08 meteogram-web.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 13.07.03.png

Neil Harrison

Thanks for the notice re the Nationals

disapointing news but the right decision....

looking forward to the next one...

cheers

neil

If anyone reading this can get word to Mike Proctor, the O/A S/F Nats organiser, please let him know.

I've sent him a message to explain that F3K is cancelled but I'm not sure if he's getting emails at the field.

Edited by mikef

Thanks Mike.

And thanks to people for support on the weather call. In the few comps I have CD'd it has been the trickiest bit.

Be interesting to see if the other classes try to fly how much flyable weather they get. BBC forecast now suggesting we might of got an afternoons flying in. Windyty suggesting not.