Cancelled - BMFA F3K league event 12 Sept at Twywell

MikeDLG

Looked at windyty and xcweather and wasn't too happy too see what's coming. I'll come back later on and see what you're saying. I'm traveling from quite far afield so need to know before 8pm what to do.

Agree it looks pretty miserable with a strong breeze and at least showers.  I am also concerned that the heavy rain overnight and in the early morning might give us further trouble at the field entrance.

BBC weather is showing fly able weather. Windyty seems to show a 2 HRish flying window. Forecast for wind is not too bad, problem could be rain showers for too long at the wrong location. 

Last comp with weather on the limit were mostly better than forecast.

Edited by AlexH

I am going to cancel.  Whilst the wind is not over the FAI limit, but 13-14mph, gusting to 21-22mph at that site is not enjoyable and with the possibility of rain as well and the chance of problems at the field entrance, it has made up my mind.  Sorry for the late call.

Please pm or post to let me know you got the message, thanks.

Edited by MikeDLG

Tough decision but knowing Twywell almost certainly for the best, who would be a CD.

Thanks for trying Mike, I will let Andrew know.

Lorry

Richard Swindells

at this rate I'll have my insurance through and some new models before the weather is nice enough for an event to go ahead!

Edited by Richard Swindells
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Guys, I received a complaint today from a member of the public that wanted to spectate and had a wasted journey. I know the topic was updated as cancelled but our event calendar wasn't. I don't always see these changes myself so could someone remember to drop me a pm so I can update other areas of the website that contain the event info.

If the chap who emailed us is reading this I cant reply to your email due to a bug in the contact form as it didn't contain your email address. Apologies for this inconvenience and hope it has not put you off potentially joining the F3K scene.

Sorry to hear of the disappointment.  

I'll add the need to keep Austin informed to the CD checklist.

We must be careful to make sure potential spectators are directed to the thread about the competition, wherever the event is advertised.  That should cover them for last minute cancellations.

Perhaps we put, "Want to watch or fly?  See this thread....", as the link wording.

None of the F3K events are really 'public' (no facilities are provided for them) so potential spectators, whilst they are welcomed, need to be aware of any detailed instructions for the day and need to make themselves known to the organisers, as evad did higher up in this thread.

Edited by mikef
Afterthoughts

• Administrators

Cheers Mike, I will make sure in future there is a link to the forum topic where there is one. 

Cheers Mike, I will make sure in future there is a link to the forum topic where there is one. 

I'll put, "Inform Austin when you start the entry thread", into the checklist.