Welsh Open 2015

knewt

What a fantsatic Welsh Open this year! Thanks to Kev and Clayton for organising and lugging, fantastic calls all weekend. Kev was right about Skip being a super hero, I was proper amazed that he climbed down the crest & back up at the end of the comp (nutter)!

Very enjoyable to fly the Crest for the first time (twice) and two sections 100m apart that flew so differently, between there and the werecker has to be just about the most awesome slope anywhere! As others have said, it was really exciting to be amongst the top group as we all knew it was tight and opportunities were popping up every now and then. As Martin & I discussed at one point, the stars have to align somehow for you to really do well at the Welsh and you have to never give up. It was very lucky that the rain stopped and I was keen to get going again, my luck came right at the end and that air was sublime!

A great curry followed by one in the Railway on Saturday night and a bit of wheeler dealing on Sunday made it a real classic.

• Like 5

Big thanks to Kevin, Clayton and Mark

Another classic Welsh Open, three good days on some of the best UK slopes. Some of those quick flights where great to see, shame none where there for me.

Good win Simon, what did I say :(

JP

• Like 3

I had a great time at this year's Welsh Open and have written about it on my blog. Thanks to everyone that came along!

Edited by Skip
Fixed the scores
  • Like 2

Hello guys,

had a nice weekend again at Wales. Thanks for all the guys running the show, especially Kev and Clayt.

Friday was quite good to me. The other days I wasn't blessed with good air :-( On saturday one of the last pilots in dying conditions and on sunday one of the first after the rain break. Still enough room for improvement for my flying skills.

Thanks to Clayton that I got the spreadsheet. So I was able to upload the result to F3XVault for all pilots to have a closer look how things developed through the comp.

-> http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=602

Like weepy Simon :D I have a light cold and hope to recover till Pyrenees.

Now I have to take closer look to my pictures and might add some more.

Edited by LS8-18
  • Like 9

Ok a few I know,

Greg  Fosa space lift and Jedi

Richard Bago  FS4

Graham Mahoney  Fosa Space lift and Jedi

Ronnie Lampoon FS4

Fernando FS4

Keith Wood FS3

Tony Livingstone Fosa

Martin Drewit Pitbull

Paul Stubley Cyril

Tony Robertson FS4

Frank Hulton FS4 New Sting

Vic  V

Hi Daniel,

thanks for for doing this ill do my best with some of the pilots models:

Frank Hulton FS3 & Sting

Paul Stubly Cyril

Martin Drewitt Pitbull

Greg Dakin Fosa Space Lift.

Tony Livingstone Fosa

Richard Bago FS3

Jason Bioletti Rotmilan

Ronnie Lampe Fs4.3

Tony Roberston FS4

Graeme Mahoney Fosa Space Lift

Keith Wood FS3

Hi Daniel,

thanks for for doing this ill do my best with some of the pilots models:

Frank Hulton FS3 & Sting

Paul Stubly Cyril

Martin Drewitt Pitbull

Greg Dakin Fosa Space Lift.

Tony Livingstone Fosa

Richard Bago FS3

Jason Bioletti Rotmilan

Ronnie Lampe Fs4.3

Tony Roberston FS4

Graeme Mahoney Fosa Space Lift

Keith Wood FS3

FS4 for me

Think Stefan was flying a Jizz

Just returned from a week's hol in Pembrokeshire so am a bit late to the post mortem! In fact I've little to add to what has been said, except to give my own thanks to Kevin, Clayt, Mark T, Jon, Rich and any others I may have left out for a truly excellent - and physically challenging - three days competitive flying.

Some memories:

http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/wo_2015

Enjoy

Mike

• Like 8

Just returned from a week's hol in Pembrokeshire so am a bit late to the post mortem! In fact I've little to add to what has been said, except to give my own thanks to Kevin, Clayt, Mark T, Jon, Rich and any others I may have left out for a truly excellent - and physically challenging - three days competitive flying.

Some memories:

http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/wo_2015

Enjoy

Mike

I vote slide 5 for picture of the year... Fantastic :) 

• Like 2