Hi guys, made it over to this forum

Morning guys,

I was on the Fly Quiet forum as a dlg newbie and have finally gotten around to joining here. I've had some fun with my Elf, ended up catching my first thermals with it after a long time trying with various other gliders (mainly the Radian and Radian pro) and failing. Have not flown it in a long time now as it always seem far too windy. And even though Richard and others advised against a Blaster 3, i ended up getting one due to how much i loved the look of them. As yet it's still sat waiting to be put together, gutted really cause it looks like for not much more i could have jumped in on the group buy for a stream nxt...dammit. Although i'm wondering, due it always being windy, if i wasted my money on the Blaster as i'm worried that will never get flown either just like the Elf.

So just thought i'd say hi, and just wish we had better weather as i still need loads of practice finding lift and flying dlg's (plus still learning how to program my Taranis)

Mark

Richard Swindells

FLYquiet will be closing down.. it is currently locked so no new posts can be made and all members are encouraged to join the BARCS forum.

In time, there is a possibility that the flyquiet posts will be imported/merged into this forum so that the archive of information will remain available.

There are currently some outstanding issues with the server that flyquiet runs on, causing it to go offline intermittently. With the recent events on my journey back from the world champs (caravan + all personal belongings, models, clothes etc etc being stolen) I have a very long to-do list at the moment. the flyquiet forum is at the very bottom of that list

Edited by Richard Swindells
  • Like 2

Although i'm wondering, due it always being windy, if i wasted my money on the Blaster as i'm worried that will never get flown either just like the Elf.

Not at all, with some/a lot of ballast they fly fine in a wind, Blaster specific ballast if available in a number of weights.

My brother has flown one in comps for a few years now.

For sure they don't penetrate as well or launch as high as more recent designs but they are still a lot of fun.