Team GIFCOF goes to France

Graeme_M

Well we've arrived, had a quick flight very thermic and not as fast as I'd imagined but a great slope none the less, loads of Jedi's even Pierre was flying his to good effect. looking forward to tomorrow.

Verry slow  connection so no pics yet.

graeme

• Like 1

Wishing team  'GIFCOF' an enjoyable & successful comp, have a great time guys. Be sure to keep us updated of developments, plus lots of Pics & Vid please.

Stu.

I had 6 refly's one flight , (with crow throughs) due to low wind speed.

I was flying a new FS3 at the time and every attempt I ended up very low and some distance off searching for a thermal to recover.

Eventually I told them enough was enough and landed.

Next guy landed his new Ascot in a Vineyard - very lucky as model caught a vine and flat spun to a nice touchdown between all the rows of old and knarly leafless bushes.

This was flying off what they classed as the B slope about 500mtrs to your left.

Today has been a killer. Variable air, very difficult slope ,  some great pilots but really good company

All 3 of us have had a big reality check but are loving it and learning a lot.

unfortunately G has decided to retire given a coming together with some granite

The aim is to get to top 20, tbh not much of a target but given current positions makes sense to aim for something achievable.

We have found decent wine at less than £1.80 a bottle so even this might prove difficult!

martin

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about Graeme's news hope it's repairable. It's good to set targets hoop you meet them, still 2 days to go, keep your heads down and keep plugging away.

Sorry to hear about Big G unfortunate mishap. 

Im sure you'll and Tony will move up the ranks ,especially with the flying skill   you both have. 

As for the wine its amazing what quality you can get for around €3.50.

When we came back from France this summer I was in two mind whether to leave the kids behind and fill there seats with a bit more wine, but the Wife said no.

What a mistake LOL.

I bet Graham was giving it full guns?

Keep plugging away lads.

Sorry to hear that you have retired from the event Graeme, I hope you find that the damage to your model isn't perhaps as bad as first thought and is repairable when you get back home. You will of course now be able to focus on your 'team coach' roll and help Martin & Tony climb the leader board, this I'm sure they will both do.

Stu.

Martin and Tony are having a great battle cunditions are extreme 70+ seconds then a 43 followed by another high 50's the most thermic I have seen.

my Jedi wings are trashed but the fus and tails are ok, totally my fault panic pull on a cut recovery flicked it into the cliff

image.jpeg

Day 3, not a breath of wind.

it would be good if it picked up as 2 more rounds would see a second discard. Most of my times have been average, with 2 absolute shockers. My *** packet maths reckons the second discard would do me some good

only problem with another 2 rounds of course would be it would give tony the chance of leap frogging me and I I still have another 48 hours with him. This would make this time unbearable!!

pic of windmeter

martin

image.thumb.jpeg.c8abda35ef1916d348d7eaf

• Like 5

Just found this post,

well done team Gifgof sorry Graeme you damaged your Jedi Keep all the bits maybe I could help repair it as you know getting quite proficient at fixing damaged wings.