Team GIFCOF goes to France

Graeme_M

Second place in the last round certainly mixed it up a bit! Well done Tony! Hard luck Martin. You (Martin) must have been quite conflicted watching that flight..... "yay! my butty could win the round ...... HE'S GOING TO BEAT MEEE!!!"

Edited by Skip
Clarity

Well done Tony & Martin, very unlucky Graeme on having to retire so early on in the competition. I'm sure you have all learn't a lot during the 3 days of competition, I and am sure others would be interested to read a 'Team Gifcof' report on your Pyrinees Cup experience.

Stu.

Edited by Gromit

Second place in the last round certainly mixed it up a bit! Well done Tony! Hard luck Martin. You (Martin) must have been quite conflicted watching that flight..... "yay! my butty could win the round ...... HE'S GOING TO BEAT MEEE!!!"

Skip to be honest after 3 days of nothing but a gnats chuff between myself and Tony ( my butty ) it was nothing less than gutting to have dropped back so much in the one and only round flown on day 3. Sometimes this sport can appear to be terribly unfair, but over time the good luck and the bad luck I am sure averages itself out. The successful pilots seem to be the ones that 'manage' the bad air well and optimise the good air when it comes through

It was a great 3 days, pleased Tony got a top 20 position, its a shame about G's space lift but looking a few posts above it looks like he may have a ' get out' with Ian Falc, and I for once am happy that most of my times were the best I could do with the conditions I was given

I would recommend this event to anyone that wanted to have a go at competing outside of the Uk. You are made to feel most welcome, the views are incredible,its well organised and you get to fly with some of this sports legends 

below is a link to Daniels google photo's, I am sure he won't mind me sharing them...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOfPm4s0EXwk5cLSM9daM4HlN97kW_HDOtmjSR4TxO8RjfosaoA-04sC_FsZt8nrw?key=WkdtQTR1Y3ljNWdZVl9YWktVU0tLWFFlRXpLQ2F3

Martin

• Like 5

Was very happy to see GIFCOF team in real life !!

Unfortunately there was not enough wind to get great EM, we never fly up to 10m/s wind, a little more is needed to begin real EM...

Sorry for Graeme Versus Rocks, 1 wing killed but the others parts seems in good conditions.

Hope you enjoyed the location!

Cheers,

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

• Like 6

Well done to you all hope you enjoyed it .....so sad for Graeme ....Spose ya didn,t want to risk a second model ........I will have the same dilemma out in rugen this week spose ,think if I make 2 caldera,s un flyable I will sop myself !!!!

Well done to you all hope you enjoyed it .....so sad for Graeme ....Spose ya didn,t want to risk a second model ........I will have the same dilemma out in rugen this week spose ,think if I make 2 caldera,s un flyable I will sop myself !!!!

Was very happy to see GIFCOF team in real life !!

Unfortunately there was not enough wind to get great EM, we never fly up to 10m/s wind, a little more is needed to begin real EM...

Sorry for Graeme Versus Rocks, 1 wing killed but the others parts seems in good conditions.

Hope you enjoyed the location!

Cheers,

Hi Aubry,

Fantastic location, and fantastic very welcoming company. I really enjoyed the limited flying I did, sports flying on the Thursday screaming in from 200+m and 4 rounds on the Friday, challenging given the close proximity of the rocks.

The Jedi shall live to fly another day, as you say only one wing killed.

Graeme

• Like 4