Sign in to follow this  
isoaritfirst

F3f Reserve date

isoaritfirst

We have another reserve date fast approaching.

Under the rule of first event lost - looks like we should be back in Wales.

With potential events left of

Eastbourne,  Reserve - Wales,  Scotland

Eastbourne needs to run...  Scotland will almost certainly suffer with low entries due to dark nights and travelling distances.

Giving a League result that could be won and lost on Wales results.

Perhaps Wales should reverse the earlier change of venue and offer the reserve event back to Whitesheet.....

Martin_N

Mike,

Thank you for posting we are already in the process of discussing the location and will publish the location once agreed.

We have currently kept Wales out of the equation because we do not wish to have the potential for a league to be won with all comps counting from one slope. Currently the rules do allow this situation to occur. To over come this, we are looking at the rules as discussed at the AGM and of which you are fully aware of, so this is not new news or a concern all parties are unaware of.

Although I would like to use Whitesheet there are a couple of reasons why I do not wish to, the first being limited wind directions increasing the of risk of losing a comp due to this.

Due to a difficult season there are lots or reasons why a comp could be scheduled in the North and in the South which are all valid reasons, I will publish a location as soon as possible.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Martin_N
  • Like 1

Gromit

Mike, regarding Whitesheet as a venue choice, as much as I would like & welcome the comp to be held on our slopes, my concern is as Martin has said, that of limited wind directions. I am unable to guarantee that I would be able to secure access & permission to use the 'Rifle range' as an additional slope to cater for other wind directions .As we desperately need the comp to take place I think sadly therefore we need to rule Whitesheet out.

Stu.

Edited by Gromit

Peter G

Eastbourne needs to run...  Scotland will almost certainly suffer with low entries due to dark nights and travelling distances.

Nothing like talking an event down Mike! Please don't discourage people from entering even though you clearly don't intend to.

It could be blessed with strong winds on good slopes. Which would surely be well worth travelling for. If we have a relatively small entry it could also mean lots of rounds. Please think twice before broadcasting negativity!

• Like 2

mtreble

It could be blessed with strong winds on good slopes. Which would surely be well worth travelling for. If we have a relatively small entry it could also mean lots of rounds. Please think twice before broadcasting negativity!

It's also a 2 day event which makes it even more worthwhile travelling for.

• Like 2

frankoneleg

2 day?

sorry thought we were discussing the reserve my bad