Sign in to follow this  
fpljohn

JIM TAYLOR

fpljohn

Sad news

Jim Taylor lost his life on the 4th October.

He was a much loved member of East Sussex soaring Association. He will be remembered for all the Revenge gliders he produced for people local and around the UK.

And all the help he gave to people that visited our fine area to fly.

Thank you Jim

JP

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Sorry to hear about Jim.

I hadn't seen him for a few years, but he was always a feature of comps down Eastbourne way, always helpful and a nice character.

RIP Jim.

• Like 2

simon_t

I heard about this at the weekend and it came as something of a shock.  I knew Jim for many years, through ESSA links, and at 60" pylon and F3F events, as well as sport flying at the Long Man.  He often gave up his time to sit out on a buzzer all day.  

He was a wonderful character, with a great sense of humour, and a lovely mischievous streak.  I always enjoyed a chat with Jim - he had many stories from across the years, always interesting to listen to, and often featuring his time in the police where he was clearly an 'old school' policeman (in the nicest possible way).

RIP Jim, you won't be easily forgotten.

Simon

• Like 2

abbof3f

Very sorry to hear this on our way back from Germany ....Jim was a great fella and he will be sadly missed at Eastbourne club ....thoughts go out to his friends and family...

• Like 2

f3fman

Such a nice chap, always had a story to tell, spent a lot of time chatting to Elizabeth while I was concentrating on competing, so sorry to hear this sad news.

You will not be forgotten Jim, fond memories.

John and Elizabeth

Edited by f3fman
  • Like 1

Jef Ott

Feel a bit awkward asking this, but does anyone have photographs of him flying?

Pete Burgess

Jim, you will be greatly missed. It was always a pleasure to go to Jim's shed for a bit of aeromodelling, we were building an Acacia-Revenge, maybe I'll finish it one day.

RIP mate.

Pete