BMFA F3F League 6 Eastbourne 18th October

Martin_N

Congratulations Mark on your win, Graeme on being 'runner up', and to Simon on taking 3rd.

Sounds like it was a challenging day, well done for completing the 4 rounds,

Stu.

Well, that's an unexpected result. Very close scores at the top - I guess it's my lucky day!:)

Well done mark ...wish I could have been there to see that ....smashin!

Second!!... How did that happen?... Well chuffed. Congrats to Mark and Simon on their positions.

Thanks to JP for making it happen, really enjoyable day, also good to see some new faces.

Graeme

Congrats to Mark, and Graham. 

It certainly would have been a hard one to have predicted who had won!

More about the sizes of the losses than the magnitude of the wins, which suprised me, as there were some significant wins.

Nice weekend thanks to all. 

Thanks John, Pete, Gary and Martin for a lovely day out on a really nice hill! Well done Mark on your well-deserved win mate.

It was great to meet some new friends and see some excited new blood in F3F. See you all again soon!

Fingers crossed for a decent blow at HOH this weekend.

Clayt

Thanks to the competitors it made a long day worth it in the end.

Strange day weather wise but we just managed to fit it in, hanglider made it interesting at one point as well.

And strange result in some ways as the top three I think did not win a round, just shows consistency is good even in a four round comp.

It was also really good to see some new faces as well, they flew well and learned lots and will be back for more.

I also must say it was nice to fly this hill again for F3F.

JP

Thanks Gents, 

I really enjoyed myself flying with you guys, I've got a lot to learn and hope to get a bit quicker being the new boy on the block, a big thanks to Matt and Graeme with the setting up my Pitbull without them I'd def be last on the page.

Another new slope added to my list ( Ivinghoe, Whitesheets, Butser and Bopeep ) 

Simon P 

paulorenato123

Thanks to everyone for a excellent day! 

Altough the weather wasn't great, I had a smashing time for my first f3f comp, with fantastic people, and also being able to do what I like most, fly my planes...!

You'll definitely be seeing more of me in the future!

Thanks again to all! :)

Paul P

Thanks to JP, Gary, Peter and Matthew for manning the course yesterday, and Martin for doing the Buzzer Supremo on top of everything else he does.  

It was an interesting day, with weather that seemed to take more than it gave - Mark R killed all but two of us in the first round, by a large margin, but then paid for it on his last two rounds.  I had two good middle rounds but topped and tailed with awful air - and so it it went for most pilots.  

It is usual to consider being first to fly as a slight disadvantage, but Mark Treble found that wearing the number one bib would actually represent his final position.  He flew well, attacking as always and hit the bases.  He has been knocking on the door of a win all season, and he has finally been rewarded for his efforts.  Well done Mark, a great result, which also coincided with me handing over to him his Eurotour limited edition tee shirt, only awarded to the top 25 pilots out of a few hundred competing - a good season I would say!

And congrats also to Graham for his second place - Did your first foreign comp give you an edge in this comp?

I was particularly pleased to see a few new faces, and how well they flew and got stuck in.  We saw this a few years ago with some of the west country boys, and look how they are performing now.  Hopefully they found the Eastbourne experience a good one, in spite of the light conditions, and will come along to some of the winter leagues.

The large gap in the middle of the comp due to light winds gave an opportunity for some sport flying.  This was great fun due to the light conditions, but there was always lift (just)

What was also nice was a short remembrance of Jim Taylor who was sadly missed - I'm sure he was there in spirit,  We will miss his help and humour.

Overall, a very enjoyable day.

Simon

Edited by simon_t
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2015, 3:46:21, Tone-the-glider said:

But looks like the file I tried to attach did not work....so try again...

viber image.jpg

On 10/19/2015, 8:56:28, jwest532 said:

DSC_2179-3.thumb.jpg.b986e9b54451e0a120cDSC_2176-2.thumb.jpg.09c5923e04cf4f066d6DSC_2202-1.thumb.jpg.138c1c80b5ed29e11aeDSC_2206-3.thumb.jpg.da30318c20ae9451d19

Couple more photo's.... Sorry no flying shots! Wrong lens :{

Any advice on buying a pair of oakleys ; I must confess I am a little bewildered at the range of lenses available ?

Mike

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎19‎:‎32, MikeDaBike said:

Any advice on buying a pair of oakleys ; I must confess I am a little bewildered at the range of lenses available ?

Mike

Not sure you can buy a bad pair of Oakley's..  The polarising lenses are expensive but worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwest532 said:

Not sure you can buy a bad pair of Oakley's..  The polarising lenses are expensive but worth it. 

PS Mark's lenses are courtesy of Photoshop :)

4 hours ago, jwest532 said:

PS Mark's lenses are courtesy of Photoshop :)

Although I've never met Mark, I had guessed that he wasn't quite as grayscale as portrayed in that picture B)

Thanks for the advice. I know I want a "happy" orange lense too for overcast grey days so think I'll go for one
of the Oakleys that allow you to change lenses.

Mike