fpljohn

Southern F3F Winter League 2015-16

Gromit

hope you all had an enjoyable days racing, I look forward to hearing about the day.

Stu.

• Like 1

fpljohn

Thanks to all today

hope to sort scores out at some point tonight, had a horrible trip back today.

but it was a good day I think at WhiteSheet with not to many miss haps that I can remember.

JP

• Like 1

Ribs

Thanks JP, Simon T et al...

an excellent day's flying - what great weather! - nice to finally have the Whitesheet wind in our.... er.... faces.

Thanks also to everyone giving me support and advice - hopefully my times will only go one way.

cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

Pete Burgess

I'm sorry that I was not able to be there but I'm glad that you all got a comp done.

Tone-the-glider

Great day flying, roll on the next round. Thanks to all 

TR

oipigface

I spent most of the day wheezing, coughing, spluttering and wondering why the first good flying day in months had to coincide with the end (I hope) of a common cold.

Hope you al had a great time. Wish I had been there.

rumbey
9 hours ago, oipigface said:

I spent most of the day wheezing, coughing, spluttering and wondering why the first good flying day in months had to coincide with the end (I hope) of a common cold.

Hope you al had a great time. Wish I had been there.

Same here John. Proper case of the flu for me. Looking forward to next Sunday in Wales without any clag!

Gromit

Looking forward to hearing all about the comp,  any pics too please?

I'm in need of some enthusiasm to get back on the slope again :bye:

Stu.

simon_t
16 minutes ago, Gromit said:

Looking forward to hearing all about the comp,  any pics too please?

I'm in need of some enthusiasm to get back on the slope again :bye:

Stu.

I don't think there will be any photos Stu - with only 8 of us we were all working all of the time!  Conditions started with about 6.5 m/s, which peaked about 11 by the middle of the day.  It was smooth and fairly consistent in the morning, but it turned towards the north by maybe 30 deg after lunch, and it became more gusty and variable - several models (including my Freestyler) had semi flicks at the right hand end due to blanketing by the arm that the road goes down.  I think the only crash was Ian Falconer, who had a cut at the right end and tried to turn downwind, with a resultant flick and arrival - not sure on damage as I flew straight after him.  Chris Lamming flew well and his tightness on the bases improved as he got his eye in.  He seemed to be enjoying himself as he tried things out.  I think I got fastest time with 38.xx, but as we were always doing something I never got to see the scores or even hear most of the pilot's times.  But Graeme Mahoney and Tony Livingstone both seemed to be making a lot whistling noises whilst flying, so were going very well (Local knowledge!).

A great site, at its winter best in those conditions.  12 rounds flown.  We were very lucky with the weather, all the rain passing to the north and south of us.  Big thanks to everyone for mucking in, and especially to JP for all his hard work, and Graeme for helping CD.

Simon

• Like 2

Ian Falconer

Hi all Jedi ok only small damage to nose  cone  nearly  all fixed just  a bit of paint now required 

• Like 2

Ian Falconer

Thanks  to all had a fun day,......taking the opportunity to swap over the Jedi radio to new Futaba receiver so hopefully that might help my flying           ( maybe  not )

• Like 1

Alibabaj

A vary busy day, first time I'd done the middle... Note to self, don't forget to count the turns!

Whitesheet was true to form, dealing us some very challenging conditions at times, great day, perfect timing with rain starting just as we were leaving.

Graeme

• Like 2

fpljohn

Right here are the results from yesterday.

Simon T      10,794.5

Tony L        10,357.7

John P       10,239.7

Greame M 10,219.1

Martin D      9,891.2

Ian F           9,126

Tony R        8,752.9

Chris L       7,687.4

will make the spread sheet available on the ESSA web page when I work it out properly, had to use a patch on the one used.

Big thanks to Oliver for his time inputting times in on Sunday, shame my spread sheet only went up to Ten rounds :(

Simon was on top form, winning 6 rounds and no scores below 900. Tony L was consistent Mr White Sheet, JP had his usual day up and downs. Greame, Martin and Ian had  a mixed day with condions, Tony R inprove as the day went on and Chris made his Willow go faster with each round as he sorted his turns out.

Hard work but worth it.

JP

• Like 4

Gromit

Thanks for your posts guys, these are all much appreciated.

Congratulations Simon on winning the event. 6 rd wins out of 12 flown is excellent flying, I suspect you were well placed in the other 6 rds too.

Well done Tony on taking the 'runner up' placing.

Well done to JP on taking third place ahead of Whitesheet regulars Graeme, Martin and Ian.

Hope you enjoyed your time in the middle Graeme.

Delighted that our new Whitesheet Chairman Chris (Ribs) entered, enjoyed, & his times improved throughout the day.

Good to hear your Jedi damage is limited to the nose cone Ian.

Well done to all, sounds like a very enjoyable day.

Hopefully i'l get my flying mojo back in the coming weeks and join you all for the next rd.

Stu.

Pete Burgess

Right Chaps, Round 4 of the Southern F3F Winter League is scheduled to take place on 14 February, venue to be announced.

To help organising please book-in at the usual http://www.eastsussexsa.co.uk/ and follow the links 

fpljohn

Just a reminder 

southern winter league round 4 this Sunday 14th

looking at the weather I hope to use Butser Hill this time round, but will make the call on this tomorrow.

JP

fpljohn

Hi All

Southern winter league round 4

Venue will be the main site of the MEON Valley SA

Butser Hill Hampshire just off the A3

I was hoping to call this on tonight but there is still a possibility of rain on Sunday. So I will make the call at lunch time tomorrow, hope that is ok

JP

Tone-the-glider

Just small reminder, there is a pay and display car park at £3:00 for the day.

Cheers

Tony

fpljohn

Right tomorrow is on

meet in main car park on Butser Hill at 9am

flying order

Tony Livingstone

Simon Thornton

John Phillips

Ian Falconer

Tony Roberson

Greame Mahoney