Northern F3F Winter League

Jon_E

We have a result!! First Northern Winter League to run for the 2015/2016 season

Dissapointed we only managed 8 pilots, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned to rain.:(

But what the hell, the 8 ( reduced to 7 unfortunately before the comp started ) enjoyed, if thats the word, the delights of Levisham.

Short shower of rain around Midday, but otherwise cloudy but dry. Winds WSW, 16-18m/s to start, SW 6-12m/s to finish.

15 hectic rounds, produced the following result :-

1 Mark Redsell 12659.41

2 Rich Bago 11699.55

3 Steve Hayley 11625.97

4 Mark Treble 11187.05

5 Ron Lampe 10350.26

6 Jon Edison 9250.53

7 Bob Dickenson 6356.93

8 Brian Johnson 0.00

FTD went to Rich with a 33.73 in R11.

Well done guys, in what at times were difficult conditions, but never-the-less, 10 out of the 15 rounds were won with sub 40's.

Full results will appear on the NYMRSC website asap.

Next round will be the 5th March.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 4

Congratulations for getting a comp in! Wish I had been there but I tried to organise one up here that failed due to lack of numbers.

Then I only took one wing up the hill for a sport fly :ermm: Hope to see youse in March.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter G said:

Congratulations for getting a comp in! Wish I had been there but I tried to organise one up here that failed due to lack of numbers

Shame about that Peter, maybe we should have met half way?

However not wishing to do a yah boo, the results of the Northern League events are here :-

http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/Assets/docs/WL_R5_Feb16.xls

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Just sat here typing this in with the snow now several inches thick, it does seem like a bit of a long shot to issue a reminder that another round of our highly successful Winter League is scheduled for this Saturday 5th March. :brr:

Still things change rapidly in this part of the world, could be tropical by weekend B|

Jon

OK we are ON for tomorrow.

Forecast is for N to NE winds, 18 to 28mph. Chance of a shower but otherwise a bright day..

Meet 9am in the main car park, we will be heading out to the Norh slopes overlooking Fylingdales

You will need yer thermals on and wellies, it could be very wet underfoot as well a bit chilly

See you all bright and early

Jon

• Like 2

Rocket Ronnie

Have a good comp, I'll be thinking about you when I'm letching in Amsterdam, space cake in hand.splif in the other.

NOT

• Like 2

SilentPilot

Well it's 5/3/16 and I'm stuck at my gliding club watching the showers go by...

I'm not far away from HoH here in York, so I wouldn't expect you had a contest day. When will we know if you are using the reserve day? I'd like to come along!

Tony

6 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

Well it's 5/3/16 and I'm stuck at my gliding club watching the showers go by...

I'm not far away from HoH here in York, so I wouldn't expect you had a contest day. When will we know if you are using the reserve day? I'd like to come along!

Tony

Well, we did have a contest today. And despite a few short showers, the conditions were excellent and we got 15 rounds in. We are using the reserve date in 2 weeks time, as we have had 4 cancelled events - so see you there!

• Like 2

Well we have a second result. Forecast was spot on, NE winds, well NNE actually, 5 to 15 m/s (11 to 33 mph approx ) lots of blue sky, with a sprinkling of showers. 15 rounds with 9 pilots makes for a hard day. By the time we finished at 4:30, we were well and truly cream crackered, despite a break for lunch and another for tea ( without the china tea service darlings ) .

Very close at the top, with Mark R taking top honours, Rich B a very close second and Peter G not far away in third. FTD went to Mark with a cracking 30.59.

1     Mark Redsell         12270.83

2     Rich Bago              12144.05

3     Peter Gunning        12116.42

4     Mark Treble           11666.32

5     Steve Hayley         10796.93

6     George Young       10791.64

7     Ewan Maxwell       10718.12

8     Jon Edison             9139.98

9     Bob Dickenson      8711.51

Full results to follow.

Thanks for everyone for formulating their own buzzer manning regime and all the help shifting the gear on and off the slope, much appreciated.

Next and last round is the 19th March

Cheers

Jon

• Like 3

SilentPilot
30 minutes ago, mtreble said:

Well, we did have a contest today. And despite a few short showers, the conditions were excellent and we got 15 rounds in. We are using the reserve date in 2 weeks time, as we have had 4 cancelled events - so see you there!

Nice one. See you there!!

Hole of Horcum again?

isoaritfirst

Excellent effort Jon.

30 something very very quick for that side of the hill. Congratulation mark

A great comp today, really good to get so many rounds in after so little flying this winter.

Very variable today which added to the challenge and close battles through the field.

It will be intetesting to see the spreadsheet.