Northern F3F Winter League

Jon_E

George Young

I can only echo Peter's comments. It was great day and some amazing bunching of the scores. Really close in places. A busy day too and I will sleep well tonight!

Very challenging day yesterday, almost entirely driven by air/thermal/sink variations rather than slope lift. I did not think that slope would be capable of allowing a 30s run, but obviously thermal activity provided a massive assist. The occasional showers also added to the mix with building conditions ahead of the rain  and dead air behind it. Peter's Jedi looked superb all day, massive pumps and completely unfazed by the variable air - really thought it was yours  today Peter with superb flying.

Hopefully we'll get one more in to make for a decent end to a very late start to the winter league.

• Like 2

SilentPilot

Looking through the results I'm only seeing one set of scores.

Don't you have separate scores for the sub 2m class? Maybe there are no entries... I'll deffo be in with a chance with my Sunbird if I'm the only entrant in class!!!

Tony :D

No pilots in the 2m class at the moment Tony - so yes you will almost certainly win (your class) if you fly a sunbird. Unless any other challengers turn up?

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, SilentPilot said:

Is this the page where we find out if Saturday (winter league reserve date) is on or not?

Normally posted here but we also use the f3f yahoo group email, details to register the group email can found on the Great Britain Slope Racing website: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/f3f-calendar-2016

SilentPilot

Ok thanks, I'll check here, I'm on enough forums already!

If I take up F3F proper then I might sign up to the other site...

Cheers

Tony

11 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

Ok thanks, I'll check here, I'm on enough forums already!

If I take up F3F proper then I might sign up to the other site...

Cheers

Tony

Just a note on the email group, its not a forum its used for contest registration information and the GBSRA link provides information about where all the comps are held and when.  We do duplicate information here but that cant be guaranteed. 

All Northern league pilots, I know some of you have already said you would be attending but could you let me know ASAP after Saturday's race if you will be attending the Champ Of Champs so I can update the entry list. Once I know I can then offer any available spaces to other pilots.

thx

martin 

SilentPilot

Any word on tomorrow yet?

My forecast is saying rain in the morning followed by sub 10mph NNE in the afternoon. Is that suitable?

Suspense no more, its ON

Not the best of forecasts, but there is wind and sprinkling of everthing else by the looks of it.

Northerlies so back on the slope overlooking Fylingdales I guess.

Meet in the main carpark 9am

Cheers

Jon

• Like 2

SilentPilot

9am prompt?

Me being a first time entrant I don't know if I have to be early or if I can get away with being a bit late???