Welsh F3F Winter League 2015/16

Skip

7 hours ago, oipigface said:

Clayton,

.    I take it that the comp is off?

John

Hi John, not yet. I'm quite keen to try to get a comp in. It's not often we get to test ourselves in conditions like these. 

As Simon says, I'll make the call at 7 this evening.

6 hours ago, simon_t said:

I think Clayts is making a final call later today.  Difficult weather call, although the rain forecast has improved slightly.  The worry is the wind might to be too strong for the potential coastal sites, which could lead to landing carnage even if the slope is flyable.  Mickey's looks to be clagged in.

Simon

Thanks Simon.

I want to call the comp on for tomorrow. It looks like we should be able to fly on Mickeys.

I need 5 to run the comp.

I will be at Mickeys from 9am tomorrow and would love to see at least 4 others turn up. If they do, we'll call it a comp.

If you are on the list and aren't coming, pop it in this thread or email and let everyone know.

So far Simon and Dave have withdrawn from the published list.

Hi Guys

Regrettably I'm going to have to duck this one.  I'd sort of made up my mind that the forecast wouldn't allow flying to be possible and therefore have promised myself to the kids tomorrow.   

If it turns out it's legal and clag free I'll be gutted!

Joel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwest532 said:

If it turns out it's legal and clag free I'll be gutted!

Joel

Me too!

Graeme, how are your powers of persuasion with Tony and Martin?

I'm not at all clear whether this event will or will not count as the first round of the Welsh winter league, if it goes ahead at all.

The messages we have been getting have been no help. When you say you 'want' to call it on, does that mean you are calling it on, or does it mean that you are reluctantly calling it off?

Either way, my own interpretation of the forecast, suggests that it is not worth travelling.

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

It's on, but I'll probably be there on my own.

I guess I was just giving you all an opportunity to get an idea of numbers and see if it was worth your effort to travel as there aren't any 'locals'

Sorry Clayton - Hopefully you get a chance to suss out some potential new slopes - would be great to have the option if we know they are useable.

Simon

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Skip said:

It ended up that I'd be Billy-no-mates, so I'm having a sleep after work and then might go for a fly after lunch

No you still have plenty of mates it's just that they are all a bit weather shy :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, abbof3f said:

TrY again this coming sunday clayts weather look ace and so far it,s on the wrecker !!!

That would clash with the Southern league comp, so a number of pilots would be elsewhere, probably wouldn't have viable numbers

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Next Sunday the 20th December is our second attempt at holding a winter league F3F event. It’s hard to get out of bed at stupid o’colck in Winter and seeing as it’s the day before the winter Solstace, let’s have a sleep in and make the meet time a much more sociable 10am providing the weather looks appropriate for getting a competition in. I’d appreciate it if you could let me know if you are coming along by Saturday evening the 19th December an hour after I make the weather call (730 pm) so that I can let you know if we have enough numbers to run the event by 830 pm. I’m not really comfortable holding the days racing with less than 7 pilots, so we’ll call that the minimum numbers.

The winter League F3F competitions are a fantastic place to test the waters of F3F, see what all the fuss is about and watch some world class pilots strut their stuff. Each pilot is also keen to see new entries and are willing to give support and help when asked, so just ask!! Entry is a miserly £5 and it will be waived for those who are competing in F3F for the first time.

An all-singing, all-dancing F3F model isn’t required, you can have a go with any model that is safe and sensible (DS rocketships wouldn’t be safe or sensible!). My first 2 events were completed with an X-it (flying wing) and I had an absolute ball! Come along and set your personal best time.

Entries are gratefully received to claytonlandells(at)gmail(dot)com with your name, frequency and proof of insurance (BMFA number). Let me know the planes you will be flying too as it helps to make the report more informative after the event, I’m not very good at recognising models!

See you there!!

Clayt

13 hours ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

I'm in - can we start at nine?

Don't you have shopping to do first?

I'm aiming on being there.

Mike

• Like 1