Welsh F3F Winter League 2015/16

Skip

Apologies from me guys, unfortunately I'm just not up to returning to the slopes yet.

I hope to improve in the coming weeks & join you all for the feb comp. Wishing you all a successful & very enjoyable comp.

Stu.

11 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Now you are a Jedi, does that mean you will be able to fly really really low. 

I think John uses the force to fly anyway, it's just gravity always seems to win

50 minutes ago, Pete Burgess said:

The question now is, will there be any wind?

Met Office forecast is East 3-4 mph :ermm:

Not what im seeing for Wales, maybe you have special forecast station to look at?

35 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

9 -15mph mainly S but a little SSE and gusts to 25mph.

Will the back of the wrecker cope with SSE?

Agreed at the moment plus you can normally add half as much again due to height and slope.

Weather Call:

Martin has asked me to post the weather call as he is unavailable this evening.  Looking around the five most reliable forecasts for Sunday typically gives us ESE at 5-9m/s (probably more on the hill) which would put us on the Crest.   XC Weather is the only forecast that shows a more southerly wind, but not far enough round for back of Wrecker.  None are showing rain, and the easterly winds tend to be less moist, so probability of low cloud is slightly less than for westerlies.

Hence Sunday is ON.  Meet at the Wrecker car park for 9am.  It will be pretty cold, so pack your thermals!

Simon

• Like 1

Sorry I wont be able to make it. (unless the forecast swings S more.) 

Liz wont let me go to the Crest again. 

Hope you have a good day.

12 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Liz wont let me go to the Crest again. 

Its no good,...... I've been thinking about this all night, so if nobody else is going to do it I will ............. I've just got to ask you Mike......... why  :huh: or is this a wind up :unsure:.

Stu.

No wind up. 

I was just hard to live with for a couple of days after the last time I went over there.  Nice place to fly but I'm getting too old to get there  

Also had a bad week with mom and I can't afford to be worn out. 

I thought you were sposed to be fit the fit one amongst us Mike :D,

Sorry to hear your Mum's had a bad week, wishing her a speedy recovery.

Stu

Wishing everyone a very successful & enjoyable comp tomoz, the very best luck to you all :thumbsup:.

As always, some pics would be very much appreciated please, thanks.

Stu.

Hi All,

The forecast has taken a turn for the worst. Based on this change and the fact where we would be flying I am changing yesterday's decision and calling the comp for tomorrow OFF.

Apologies to everyone but unfortunately I can't do anything about the weather.

Thanks

Martin

Totally understand mate.  The change from last night (bright and clear) to this morning (hill fog and sleet) makes the call the right one.  British weather, don't you just love it :/.

Although i'm unable to attend the comp tomoz, i have as with all the comps I've missed been keeping an eye on the various weather forecasts with interest. Its a very disappointing decision but I believe a correct one by Martin. I'm therefore very disappointed for you all yet again. 

The last 12 months must be by far the worst on record for comps having to be cancelled either prior to the event,or not being run on the day due to the weather.

I hope anyone who may have travelled up to Wales today has at least an excellent day's sports flying today.

Stu.