Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skip

Welsh F3F Winter League 2015/16

Recommended Posts

fpljohn

Simon

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fpljohn

Saturday

well I was hoping too, but stuff got in the way.

Baudis JEDI KNIGHT

image.thumb.jpg.ca7954a30143d6595148dd4b

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

Apologies from me guys, unfortunately I'm just not up to returning to the slopes yet.

I hope to improve in the coming weeks & join you all for the feb comp. Wishing you all a successful & very enjoyable comp.

  Stu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Now you are a Jedi, does that mean you will be able to fly really really low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N

I've updated the entry list, currently 11 pilots.

Thanks

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alibabaj
11 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Now you are a Jedi, does that mean you will be able to fly really really low. 

I think John uses the force to fly anyway, it's just gravity always seems to win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

I may come along but can't confirm yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pete Burgess

The question now is, will there be any wind?

Met Office forecast is East 3-4 mph :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N
50 minutes ago, Pete Burgess said:

The question now is, will there be any wind?

Met Office forecast is East 3-4 mph :ermm:

Not what im seeing for Wales, maybe you have special forecast station to look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

9 -15mph mainly S but a little SSE and gusts to 25mph.

Will the back of the wrecker cope with SSE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N
35 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

9 -15mph mainly S but a little SSE and gusts to 25mph.

Will the back of the wrecker cope with SSE?

Agreed at the moment plus you can normally add half as much again due to height and slope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simon_t

Weather Call:

Martin has asked me to post the weather call as he is unavailable this evening.  Looking around the five most reliable forecasts for Sunday typically gives us ESE at 5-9m/s (probably more on the hill) which would put us on the Crest.   XC Weather is the only forecast that shows a more southerly wind, but not far enough round for back of Wrecker.  None are showing rain, and the easterly winds tend to be less moist, so probability of low cloud is slightly less than for westerlies.

Hence Sunday is ON.  Meet at the Wrecker car park for 9am.  It will be pretty cold, so pack your thermals!

Simon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Sorry I wont be able to make it. (unless the forecast swings S more.) 

Liz wont let me go to the Crest again. 

Hope you have a good day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit
12 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

 

Liz wont let me go to the Crest again. 

 

 

Its no good,...... I've been thinking about this all night, so if nobody else is going to do it I will ............. I've just got to ask you Mike......... why  :huh: or is this a wind up :unsure:.

  Stu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

No wind up. 

I was just hard to live with for a couple of days after the last time I went over there.  Nice place to fly but I'm getting too old to get there  

 Also had a bad week with mom and I can't afford to be worn out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

I thought you were sposed to be fit the fit one amongst us Mike :D,

Sorry to hear your Mum's had a bad week, wishing her a speedy recovery.

    Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

Wishing everyone a very successful & enjoyable comp tomoz, the very best luck to you all :thumbsup:.

As always, some pics would be very much appreciated please, thanks.

    Stu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N

Hi All,

The forecast has taken a turn for the worst. Based on this change and the fact where we would be flying I am changing yesterday's decision and calling the comp for tomorrow OFF.

Apologies to everyone but unfortunately I can't do anything about the weather.

Thanks

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Totally understand mate.  The change from last night (bright and clear) to this morning (hill fog and sleet) makes the call the right one.  British weather, don't you just love it :/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

Although i'm unable to attend the comp tomoz, i have as with all the comps I've missed been keeping an eye on the various weather forecasts with interest. Its a very disappointing decision but I believe a correct one by Martin. I'm therefore very disappointed for you all yet again. 

The last 12 months must be by far the worst on record for comps having to be cancelled either prior to the event,or not being run on the day due to the weather.

I hope anyone who may have travelled up to Wales today has at least an excellent day's sports flying today.

     Stu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.