BMFA F3F League Reserve 25th October 2015

Martin_N

Hi All,

Registration is now open for the BMFA League reserve date to be run on the 25th October.  Registration will close on Wednesday 21st October.  Please complete the entry form from the first link below, you can also view the entries from the second link.

Form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=166Guzvf5YxxbwWU1KSIolk3qtA9iUI698_a86SnoqfM

Entry List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z4zC6K914QDX0Yhn0L1a7436O2cZEBLjw5d8LNYzK7c/edit#gid=254762863

The reserve date will be held at one of 2 locations on the 25th October.  If Sunday the 18th October contest does not run, then Eastbourne will be used for the reserve date, however if it does run then the location will be Hole Of Horcum.

My recommendation will be to register then update me if you are unable to make the venue OR wait until after this Sunday to register, it is your choice.

Thanks

Martin

Hi All,

registartion is now closed, we will make the weather call on Friday as normal.

thanks

martin

Edited by Martin_N

Hi Guys

Looks like we are ON for Sunday.

Winds 13 to 20mph SW turning SSW as the day progresses.

So meet in the main carpark for 9am [ remember clocks go back Saturday night :-(  ]

See you all Sunday

Cheers

Jon

• Like 3

Lovelly Autumn day, light winds, hazy sunshine, and dry!  Must have been reasonably warm as Mark T was still in shirt sleeves, short sleeves to boot!  

BUT, out of the 10 pilots who turned up, only 9 were able to fly. Despit the stella efforts of Simon T, we weren't able to meet the minimum 10, so the comp won't towards the league. So the moral to the story is  - do a check list, and make sure your Transmitter is on it!

However, we did run 13 rounds, 9 pilots completing 8 rounds, and then 7 pilots flying another 5. Proceedings finished around 14:45, as conditiond began to deteriorate. 

Dont have the results in front of me at the mo, but will issue as soon as I can download them

Regard

Jon

• Like 2

Well done guys on getting the extra rounds in, Simon dropped me of just before 6:30pm and still has another 45minutes to go.  Real shame we could get a comp in. Beautiful day on the moors .

thanks

martin

Gutted for Clayton - long way to travel to no avail. (I don't really understand the minimum number rule - 9 worked fine as did the subsequent 7). Really enjoyable day out though, nice to get some non-comp course time to experiment a bit. 

Looking forward to some good winter league comps.

• Like 3

Results for the two comps are :-

Part 1

1Mark Redsell6720.9801000
2Martin Newnham6664.580992
3Simon Thornton6524.300971
4Mark Treble6437.560958
5Richard Bago6316.660940
6Tony Livingstone6032.320898
7Jon Edison5985.780891
8Bob Dickenson5852.180871
9John Tideswell5657.780842

Full results here :- http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/Assets/docs/BMFA Reserve 25 Oct 2015 Horcum.xls

Part 2

1Mark Redsell4000.0001000
2Mark Treble3782.170946
3Richard Bago3758.640940
4Tony Livingstone3730.190933
5John Tideswell3579.150895
6Jon Edison3503.190876
7Bob Dickenson3225.710806

Full results here :-http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/Assets/docs/BMFA Reserve 25 Oct 2015 Horcum Part 2.xls

Cheers

Jon

My recollection on the numbers rule is that we increased them during a period when a few comps that didn't have much chance of completing, due to the number of pilots entered and changeable weather conditions, threatened to complete after  some pilots had either gone home or not turned up due to their low expectations.

From my prospective, and I realise I am only one of many;

I plan my weekends around family and flying. Comp weekends are accepted by the family right up until they become sudden changes to others plans.

So reserve dates are more of a problem for me.

An event shifted to a Saturday rather than being cancelled and running as a reserve on a different weekend would work better for me.

So What happened to Clayton???

He left his Taranis Tx at home - I lent him my Jeti and spare Rx, but we are different stick modes.  We got a very basic flyable set up, but in the light and crossed conditions he had a test flight, but was not comfortable to start a comp under those conditions - Being wrong stick mode just made it too dangerous (e.g. reaction to a cut etc.).  We did all we could, but Clayton made the (correct) decision to pull out.  It can't be helped - we've all done a similar thing, but open Tx makes it harder to offer a replacement Tx etc.  There were no hard feelings - I knew when driving up with Martin that with only 10 pilots there was a chance the comp wouldn't run, but we didn't expect it would turn out this way.

Simon

• Like 1

Rocket Ronnie

That all sounds ****, at least you where all on the hill flying, i spent most of my day driving down to Southampton for a meeting and back again.

8 hours driving plus a 2 hour meeting. (on a Sunday)  I haven't flown since the Welsh open.

Ronnie

That all sounds ****, at least you where all on the hill flying, i spent most of my day driving down to Southampton for a meeting and back again.

8 hours driving plus a 2 hour meeting. (on a Sunday)  I haven't flown since the Welsh open.

Ronnie

I know exactly how you feel Ronnie.....

• Like 1