Sign in to follow this  
PeteMitchell

MEMBERSHIP CHANGES

PeteMitchell

The recent change to our AGM date, moving it from December to the following May, has also meant a change to membership renewal date.

Membership remains annual, but will now run from 1st.April to 31st.March. This is because our financial year has also been changed to these dates.

All current memberships are now extended to the new 2016 renewal date.

All NEW members, who sign up now will have their membership run until 2017.

This extended membership also applies to NEW first time members who have joined on or after 1st.September.

Please check post below regarding renewals.

• Like 2

pete beadle

Hi Pete

Good news indeed

Thanks for letting us know well before what was renewal time

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

pete beadle

Hi Peter

So why have I received an invoice today, payable before end 2015? please see your initial post......

The invoice doesn't specify start or finish dates but does require paying before end 2015

Also, this is the first time I've received a computer generated demand, quoting an order number I have no knowledge of - this can't be right surely?

Can you let me know if a bill like this has been sent to all current members?

Thanks and regards

Pete

BARCS1702 - until 31/12/2015 anyway

Austin
3 hours ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Peter

So why have I received an invoice today, payable before end 2015? please see your initial post......

The invoice doesn't specify start or finish dates but does require paying before end 2015

Also, this is the first time I've received a computer generated demand, quoting an order number I have no knowledge of - this can't be right surely?

Can you let me know if a bill like this has been sent to all current members?

Thanks and regards

Pete

BARCS1702 - until 31/12/2015 anyway

There is a glitch in the system causing invoices to be generated too early. This is because the membership year was changed and although I changed current membership end dates to 31st March 2016 the system seems to be generating invoices just before the old expiry date of 31st December.

Members will be receiving invoices and have done in the past. You may not have had one before Pete if you previously joined by post but all current members from now on should receive one. Its not a demand to pay, its more of a reminder and a way to rejoin easily. If a member does not wish to use the invoice they simply ignore it and the current membership will expire 31st March 2016. They can if they want continue to join via post.

In short, members can use the renewal to rejoin now and the end date will be changed to 31st March 2017 or wait until just before the 31st March 2016 and renew then.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and I am working on a solution to stop the invoices generating early.

If any member ignore's this invoice and their membership expires too early please contact me via PM and I will fix it.

Austin

Actually its going to be easier to cancel all these invoices and they should regenerate just be end of March 2016. Anyone that already used them to renew will have their memberships run through to 31st March 2017.

pete beadle

Hi Austin

Thank you for the prompt reply

I used to pay my subs at the AGM, by cheque, so that's why I've never received a bill before, I suppose

Oddly enough, I had never seen an invoice for my membership fee before, I didn't even know they existed..... is it a new idea?

I would suggest, however, that you send a matching credit note to all those who were sent these invoices, just to be sure, before they use the forum to sort it out, as I did, and cause you even more work

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Austin

Hi Pete,

I have already cancelled all the generated invoices and sent an email to members notifying them. Did you get your's?

There were only a few that actually renewed and their memberships have been extended to end of March 2017 so no need for credit notes.

Thanks for your input.

pete beadle

Hi Austin

Thank you for resolving the problem so quickly

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Scram

Well I paid mine.

Now what?  Valid till 2017 renewal date?  Fine by me, if so.

Austin
8 hours ago, Scram said:

Well I paid mine.

Now what?  Valid till 2017 renewal date?  Fine by me, if so.

Well I have already said this above and members should have had an email too, but yes your membership is extended to end of March 2017

Scram
7 hours ago, Austin said:

Well I have already said this above and members should have had an email too, but yes your membership is extended to end of March 2017

Nope.  Got no email but quite happy now.

Jef Ott

Scram, 
It might be worth checking your spam filter. Some of the BARCS emails sent to me are filtered, and some are not. Both my invoice and cancellation notice were sent to the spam folder, I had to go looking for them!

Jef

Scram

Nope, not even there, but it is no problem.  Might not actually have been sent 'cos I paid up  :rolleyes:

PeteMitchell

I have just started to send out membership cards for the current year starting 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017.

The first 70 or so are in the post today, so please excuse the hand writing on the cards:no:

Still plenty of time to get your renewal in now.

Austin

The system is currently generating renewal invoices for all current BARCS members that have not already renewed. If you intend to renew please use the links on these invoices rather than go to the membership page to make a purchase. Alternatively go to your client area and check for the invoice https://www.barcs.co.uk/clients/ 

In case and if you get stuck in any way open a support request here.

Thanks for your continued support.

KeithB

Hi, received an invoice today #903 for renewal. Also had a previous conversation saying I am paid up until 31/3/2017. 

Let me know if you want paying or not please or if I should ignore the invoice.

Thanks

Keith  BARCS 3771 

Austin
16 minutes ago, KeithB said:

Hi, received an invoice today #903 for renewal. Also had a previous conversation saying I am paid up until 31/3/2017. 

Let me know if you want paying or not please or if I should ignore the invoice.

Thanks

Keith  BARCS 3771 

Hi Keith,

I will send you a PM regarding this.