Sign in to follow this  
Richardc

Quiet&Electric flight international

Richardc

Does anyone know why Q&EFI has ceased?

Received letter yesterday giving no reason, just subscription finished at November issue?

EssexBOF

Basically no one BUYS it anymore to make it viable so it has gone the way of RC Model Flyer that ceased last year

Richardc

Thank you for your reply. I must have been the only one buying it!

I'll have to learn how to use these forums to get back into the hobby.

I'll try to put something in the new member section by way of introduction.

f3fman

I also received a letter. Am I the only one who thinks they are totally wrong in assuming I want my subscription to go to RC Model World instead, and I have to ring up to cancel it ?

isoaritfirst

For me the E bit killed it.

Any worthwhile articles were removed, any passion was gone and all reports or reviews were just "noise" that followed a format.

- Presentation, box, bits , piecing together and a flying pic.-

No chat about the experience the passion or the reasoning or the "feelings evoked"

To exist in my view mags now need to be more like books.

Strong articles that have shelf life, Interesting Stories, report that feature people and experiences not just results.

Great evokative pictures that make the mag stay on the coffee table for a month or two.

I recall them being that way.

But the last few years they seem to have been just hanging on.

No doubt costs have governed this and the editors job must have been a difficult balancing act, but just hanging on, driving down content, giving overiding power to the advetisers money may well have allowed them a couple of more years but untimetely the readers have given up on them now.

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi all

Speaking as an ex-contributor to "R/C Model Flyer" where my bi-monthly column was "Slope Slant - the View from the Hill", I saw the whole tawdry slide of so many other magazines into collapse first hand

I'm sorry to say that, as a writer for a monthly mag, I found the eventual end of the "Flyer" as inevitable as any other small business in the big print publishing business, where I had worked for the "opposition" for the previous ten years plus

The print businesses in the niche magazines are/were almost the last to fail because their readers felt very much as Isoaritfirst, and basically ignored the financial dark clouds forming over their beloved "monthly reads" and kept them on the news stands, long past the time that independent accountants had predicted their collapse

Like it or not, printed media IS dying on its feet, lack of profitability and viability go hand in hand as pallbearers to the industry

Like coal, steel, car making and so, so many staples of the British scene they are/were viewed as dinosaurs standing in the way of the clear, bright beacon of progress

In my humble opinion, it's not worth letting these things get to you, remember that you had the best of it while it was there, remember how it was with a rosy glow then get on with something else in life you value as best you can........

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

• Like 1