Destiny DLG build log

friesian

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to receiving my Destiny full carbon airframe this week, and will be creating a build log here.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips or advice it would be great to hear from you - this will be my first DLG build, but I have been building/flying for 15 years.

I have decided to install stainless steel pushrods in a teflon tube for both rudder and elevator. I know that there are lots of differing opinions on spring/string etc., but feel free to offer your own with pros and cons....... I could still change my mind!

I will be installing 4 x kst08 servos, frsky x4r or x6r receiver, frsky vario and a 650, 900 or 1000mAh 1s li-poly.

I will update with some unboxing photo's as soon as it arrives............

Well, a tall, slim box has arrived today, so 8 days door to door from Czech Republic..... Not bad.

The box has been reinforced with a hardboard outer shell. Hopefully it has done its job......

box.JPG

4 hours ago, Richard Swindells said:
Nice to see your sofa covers are made from kevlar cloth too ;)

The bulletproof properties come in handy after a mega-hot Dansak!

:P

Well, the build will start tonight - and I definitely don't plan on getting CA on the sofa!

I am going to cut out the 25mm x 25mm holes in the wing to mount the servos first, and then see how far I get....

Pictures to follow - wish me luck!

The first job is marking out and cutting the 25mm x 25mm holes for the servos. I used 25mm masking tape to locate the correct position 

image.jpg

I have decided to use some spring loaded connectors in the wing, and the corresponding pads in the fuselage. I marked a location on the wing, using the front wing mounting hole as a datum, which helps to find the matching location on the fuselage.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice little connectors - 

I  could have done with some of those a few years ago on my 60" EPP racers. I did fabricate my own but never a perfect solution. 

I had them positioned in place of the front locating peg.

Design was such that they doubled as a peg. Useful when being 'Ronnied' ( 60 '' technical term..)

It shouldn't be a problem but may be worth just considering the possibility that while placing the wing you could short them out, if the power was on..

Closer to the front locating peg may reduce the wing opportunities to skew on the pins.. All unlikely but just a thought,

Definitely worth considering, thanks for the heads up.....

I will try to remember not to plug in unless the wing is attached [emoji16]

6 hours ago, friesian said:

And these are the pads for the fuselage side.......

http://m.rs-online.com/h5/mobile/uk/catalog?id=search_form

Can you fix the link please?

Do you secure these connectors in the wing and fus using CA or epoxy? Do the connectors sit at an angle in line with the dihedral or at 90 degrees to the center line?  Any tips on ensuring perfect fit?  It's not until you tighten the wing bolts that the wing sits in its natural position.    Certainly looks a clean solution.