Ribs

Whitesheet Radio Flying Club

Ribs

Hi Bear,

Provided you have suitable third party insurance you are most welcome to come along and fly, BMFA member or not.

all the best,

Chris

• Like 1

Ribs

As I will be busy all day tomorrow (Frome Chess Congress if anyone wants to come and spectate ;-) )  where I won't have access to the internet, I have decided to make the weather call for Sunday now. Crazy talk.

It's ON!

The weather looks suitably good for a jolly nice day's flying at Whitesheet, with a gentle to moderate SW breeze forecast. Some wet stuff may make an appearance later in the afternoon, but I wouldn't be too concerned about this if you would like to come along and have a fly.

Fingers crossed for a good inaugural event!

cheers,

Chris

Martin Church

What a great start to the planned white sheet flyins. I and many others had an outstanding day. Highlights for me we're in order of that wow factor.

1/ Chris Williams flying that guys water plane, not sure what it was but it was rather large made of blue foam heavy & Chris had a well deserved round of applause when it was back on the ground safe & sound.

2/ Steve Hollands slow roll left to right with his 5 metre asw 27 was simply jaw dropping. Russ has a picture of a fast fly past hugging the bowl.

I didn't fly much till later in the day when the wind had died down a little. I got in some much needed DLG setting up & practice in the northwest field :)

Thanks for the memories to all that turned up.

Martin

• Like 2

Ribs

Next social fly-in at Whitesheet is this Sunday and the weather looks fantastic for a good day's slope soaring in the SW bowl.

All are welcome to come along to this event and fly with us - sport and scale and non-flyers alike.

Meet at Whitesheet Downs from 10 o'clock onwards.

For any further help or information, please feel free to get in touch 07833 680723

Hopefully see you there!

cheers,

Chris Lamming

Chairman, WSRFC

Phil.Taylor

A grand day out on Whitesheet today - dry & sunny, with 25-35mph direct into the SW bowl - big slope lift with big thermals coming through out front & high up - nice :)

Big thanks to Chris for organising the event & ordering up the good weather - was quite a good turn out too - with all sorts of planes being flown. Good fun flying 3-4 up & keeping a good look-out. Almost a rain shower - but that missed us & we carried on flying - the gods were smiling.

Special thanks to Tony for charging the flat Sagitta battery - much appreciated - it was flown a lot after the rain passed us by.

Oh, nearly forgot - big thanks to Chris for the jammy donut :P - hopefully a group photo too?

Phil.

Ribs

Yeah, a really good day one and all - thanks to everyone for coming along to the event. What fantastic weather! It's about time we had some good conditions at WS.

Hopefully see you at the next one on July 9th.

IMG_2062.JPG

• Like 2

Ribs

And because the picture above, lovely though it is, doesn't do the weather today justice...

20170611_142920 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

Mikeb52

Just to add to the comments.It was great to meet, and be introduced to flyers I have not met before, even though I am a white sheet member.I do tend to fly during the week, when most folks are working. Ahh, the joy of retirement!! Thanks to Chris Lamming for providing coffee,tea,doughnuts, and Jaffa cakes.My only complaint is why no jammy dodgers? 

Mike Bleathman  

Ribs

Another tough day at Whitesheet. Warm sw breeze, skylarks and bees for company and a little snoozette behind the hump. Life is good.

• Like 1

Mikeb52

I suppose your having a snooze after eating another bag of jam doughnuts!!😎

Mike 

Martin Church

Must have just missed you Chris I came home around 12.30 as I was on my own.

We must get a what's app group set up.

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

• Like 1

Ribs

Ah, sorry to miss you Martin - you could have taken my snoozing shot, saving me the selfie trouble while sleeping...

No doughnuts today Mike - watching my figure - need to keep in shape for this adrenalin sport.

20170625_140013 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

Martin Church

Ok guys if you would like to text me your numbers if your interested in joining the WSRFC what's app group.

my number 07738363683

Martin Church

Ok guys if you would like to text me your numbers if your interested in joining the WSRFC what's app group. What's app can be downloaded for apple devices & android devices from the relevant store for your mobile phone.

Hopefully we (whitecsheet radio flying club members) can use this messaging service to help each other to get information out to the group about conditions, wind direction & speeds etc. 

my number 07738363683

• Like 1

Ribs

Hoping for good weather this weekend for the third in the series of 'Open Slopes' events at Whitesheet. Weather call will be made here on Saturday.

All welcome - hope to see you there!

Expect free doughnuts and camp coffee...

• Like 1

Ribs

Sunday's fly-in at Whitesheet is ON!

I'll be there setting up the doughnut stand from about 10:00

All welcome!

A few of us are bringing bungees/dlgs and electric-assisted models - don't let the light wind put you off!

With any luck we'll get this sort of caper:

20170614_184032 (Large).jpg

• Like 1

fpljohn

Looks like I will been there if I can escape the girls as were down that way

jp 

• Like 1

Martin Church

Be nice to see you John 

I've been to hell & back this weekend wrestling with an lbt firmware update on my tx. Glad to say it's now sorted so my WS road trip is a goer & im bringing a freind Chris who knows nothing but helicopters & DLG so help me to educate him 😂

Gromit

Have a very enjoyable day all, I look forward to a few posts & pics about the day this evening.

Stu.

pete beadle

Hi Stu

Our club "ISA Awayday" visited your home turf on Tuesday 4th July, enjoying a superb day out, a cracking great time was had by all.....no landings out, no whoopsies, splendid lift at times, even a few sunny spells, my Pike Superior F5J and Jaro Muller Esprit spent MUCH more time in the air than on the ground, and even the post flying pub lunch in Mere, at the Chestnut Tree(?)- well, it was some sort of tree, pub, was very much on form too.....

All in all, yes, a Cracking Day Out........sorry we missed you:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1