Ribs

Whitesheet Radio Flying Club

Ribs

The peg 'stick is usually found with the orange disc in a plant pot, near to where the shed used to be in the red lion car park.

At the moment the orange disc is away for refurbishment. 

Gromit
On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:33, Ribs said:

All,

Tomorrow's Open Slopes event at Whitesheet is On! Hope to see you there for a jolly nice day of gentle slope soaring and possibly bungee flying.

Meet at the hill from 10(ish) onwards.

All visiting flyers welcome.

Cheers 

Chris 

How did Sunday go ?

Stu.

Jess

Hi Stu.

Absolutely brilliant good turn out challenging conditions first time I flew the Graphite and it went well .

Jess

• Like 1

00trev
On 12/08/2017 at 16:28, 00trev said:

PEGBOARD

Chaps.. We came to the slope last week and could not see where we could retrieve the pegboard from now the shed at the pub has gone.

Are we still using the pegboard and if so where is it hiding? 

Trev

Hi. Yesterday (7/9/2017) Multi Club - TVSF, MVSA & WSRFC went ahead at Whitesheet with light WSW but no one from WS seemed to know about our visit?

I looked extensively for the peg board and disk in and around the old shed foundation area but could not find it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Trev

Sep17 Slope WSRFC.jpg

Ribs
9 hours ago, 00trev said:

Hi. Yesterday (7/9/2017) Multi Club - TVSF, MVSA & WSRFC went ahead at Whitesheet with light WSW but no one from WS seemed to know about our visit?

I looked extensively for the peg board and disk in and around the old shed foundation area but could not find it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Trev

Sep17 Slope WSRFC.jpg

Hi Trev,

Glad to see you had a good visit to the hill.

The peg board (looking a bit tatty now I'm afraid - it's on my to-do list) is usually in an old plant pot at the back of the red lion, but the landlord may have moved it.

The red disc is currently in my garage waiting for a re-spray.

cheers,

Ribs

Ribs

Open Slopes Event on Sunday - Now up the hill

Plan change – Now a Slope Event up the hill

Due to the wind conditions and possibility of rain in the afternoon, this Sunday’s event has now changed to a slopeside event, either at Morgans or in the SW bowl of Whitesheet. A weather call will still be made around noon on Saturday, which will be mailed out, posted on barcs and put on the website here, but right now it looks like it will be a good day for the hill, if not for the original plan on the flat.

I’m making this call early as this will give those who were kindly preparing food to bring a chance to change plans. I will be taking my camp stove up to Whitesheet as I did for the English Open, and will be supplying bacon rolls and tea/coffee.

Ribs

Weather call - it's ON

Apologies, not quite noon, but near enough for jazz.

Weather tomorrow looks pretty good - we might get a spot of the wet stuff in the afternoon, but perfectly flyable in the morning with a good SW breeze.

Hopefully see you there - I'll be the one in the tent, on bacon butty duty.

Please note we are NOT on the flat field - we are up the slope!

kylemillett87

Looking at Saturday to test fly a 4m Topmodel Fox. Looking like a SE wind - any suggestions on a suitable location?

Gromit
9 hours ago, kylemillett87 said:

Looking at Saturday to test fly a 4m Topmodel Fox. Looking like a SE wind - any suggestions on a suitable location?

How far are you prepared to travel ? Sadly, SE facing slopes are as 'rare as rocking horse droppings' in the Whitesheet area.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

oipigface

I can't remember ever having flown Crook Peak in a SE, but apparently it is possible.

00trev
On 08/09/2017 at 09:46, 00trev said:

Hi. Yesterday (7/9/2017) Multi Club - TVSF, MVSA & WSRFC went ahead at Whitesheet with light WSW

Trev

Sep17 Slope WSRFC.jpg

Guys,

It looks like we are at that time of year again and Thursday 19th April will be our multi-club slope day out again... weather permitting.
We will publish on the TVSF.co.uk web site as to what location will be likely suitable for the 3 way club get together.. and hope fully see you there. 

57ca9738dab91_WindRoseslopedayoutTvWvM.thumb.jpg.bd165e5704b4205f5decbfff119c8957.jpg

Ribs

Tomorrow's Whitesheet Radio Flying Club, "Open Slopes" event is ON!

Be there to hook up with your old flying buddies and chuck something off the beautiful Whitesheet Downs.

Non-members must have BMFA membership or equivalent 3rd party insurance to fly, please bring a membership card or other evidence to show, if asked.

Bacon rolls will be provided for the lucky ones who turn up early - I'll be setting this up from about 1000hrs.

Hopefully see you there,

cheers,

Chris

2018OpenSlopesA4Poster.jpg

• Like 1

Ribs

Really lovely day on Sunday - loads of pilots, loads of models, wonderful sunshine and free bacon rolls. What more could you ask for?

Photos here (courtesy Chris Williams and Chris Lamming)

whitesheet.org.uk/open-slopes-photos-may-2018/

• Like 1

Ribs

June Open slopes is ON!

We are in for good, fine weather tomorrow, although the wind will have quite a bit of East in it, so it will be a chance to fly in some of the further reaches of Whitesheet Downs. 

Bring along a floater and maybe an electric assisted model to make sure you have the best chance of some good flying on the NE slopes.

All are welcome (members and non-members) to join in and chuck something off the hill.

All flyers must have appropriate 3rd party insurance to fly as is the requirement of our National Trust license. All non-members will be asked to confirm this is the case and may be asked for evidence, such as a BMFA membership card.

Tomorrow is a hoodie-sticker qualifying event, so don't forget to bring your membership card and get your first "I was there, man" sticker!

David, Stuart and I will be there, setting up the bacon butty station from about 10:00hrs, as we did last month, these will be given away free of charge to as many as possible, until we run out!

cheers,
Chris

• Like 1

oipigface

I'll bring the Cularis with buddy box, Chris.

• Like 1