Stream NXT

MikeDLG

Neil Harrison

All you NXT fans put there,.......

So you now have the opportunity to pre order UHM version, so that means a very light airframe with the same strength of a standard layup, sub 210g flying!

Your choice of colour scheme if you let me know before the end of the weekend.....

Let me know???

SilentPilot
1 hour ago, Neil Harrison said:

All you NXT fans put there,.......

So you now have the opportunity to pre order UHM version, so that means a very light airframe with the same strength of a standard layup, sub 210g flying!

Your choice of colour scheme if you let me know before the end of the weekend.....

Let me know???

I’ve tried to find out more about the NXT on your website. 

Are you aware that the pages don’t load correctly on iOS? My iPad only shows the right hand side of the page and won’t let me scroll to the left :( The NXT is on the left!

Tony

• 3 months later...

Some of you might remember the damage my NXT suffered in the midair at Twywell. After many evenings looking at it in it's wrecked state and many more evenings learning to work with composites, this is the result! I just need to reattach the rudder and control cables and then paint the repairs and it'll be ready for some test throws when the weather allows.

It was originally 220g, I've added 20g for all the repairs and will need a few grams of nose weight to balance the extensive tail repairs, so probably looking at about 245 - 250g ready to fly again.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I swear someone’s trying to tell me something.

Got home yesterday evening, went to do a bit on my NXT and one of my aileron horns has decided to vanish (I definitely had a pair up till yesterday) searched everywhere.

Would anyone happen to have some spare from a unbuilt kit I could have until I can get some new ones from Stream Team, I wanted to be ready for this Saturdays contest too. 

Just putting my peg in and trying some of the IC-2000, but how long does it take to cure?

Made the first fillet on one side ready to drip thin CA in from the other, but it's been a hour now and it's still wet. I thought it would set pretty quickly?. 

I like IC-2000,  but not sure I would use it / trust it to secure the peg.   I used laminating epoxy with mine, thickened up with mico balloons to make a fillet.   Never had a problem with it.

Me neither.  I use thin regular CA and baking soda.  Dries almost instantly and is super hard.  Make a fillet top and bottom 👍

I’m not trusting it to fully hold the peg, I just put a fillet one side and next I’m gonna fill with thin CA (hoping the dried IC-2000 will stop it flowing out the other side) and probably use the baking soda trick too. Then a fillet bottom side to seal it all off.

Hoping that’s enough, the rest of the plane is pretty bodged now to get it done so what more could go wrong?.....

Paul Gleeson

Also think about some carbon patches to be really sure.

Put the fillets round the peg first, then the patch, soak with thin CA, and blot most of it off again. Cover with cling film, add a soft foam block, and compress over night.

IMG_4382.JPG

I went wrong again, I already CA’d pre-cured patches down cause I don’t have a hardpoint, then opened the peg holes back up again in the patches first, then started to put the peg in.

I have a feeling it’s probably trash now, I need to walk away from it again. 

Guys, I apologise, I’m clogging up your forum with a task that’s really not that difficult. 

If there’s a next time then I’m paying to have my planes built for me. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Evans said:

Guys, I apologise, I’m clogging up your forum with a task that’s really not that difficult. 

If there’s a next time then I’m paying to have my planes built for me. 

Stop fretting.  Everyone gets it wrong in the learning process.  If you are not willing to get it wrong, you will never learn.  Nothing is ruined.  The patches you have glued will be fine.  Just don't get a monster launcher to throw you glider and it will be fine.  If it comes loose, fix it.  It happens.  Just fly.

• Like 1

So for pre-cured patches (cause I was trying to make the plane look as clean as I could) should they still have gone on after the peg was in?. 

I haven’t put a fillet on the bottom yet so I will get some thin CA into the peg and then make a bottom fillet of CA and baking soda.