Scram

What I just found out

Scram

- you can't keep Gorilla glue for when you might need it.

I just picked up the new, unopened bottle to use on my Moth build and it is solid.  :huh:

Well, as solid as it gets.  I can squeeze the bottle but it all just stays put.  It's gorn orf !!

I guess it has been on the shelf a couple of years at least.

BTW, Is there or was there a thread on here for "what I just found out"?  or did I see one somewhere else.  Search did not seem to find it

satinet

No you can't. Which is a shame because it's a useful glue.

I used it to get a fixing in light weight block wall in my sister's house. The curtains haven't fallen down!

abbof3f

Am I Missin something here? !if your after gorilla glue bnq sell it!

• Like 1

satinet
Am I Missin something here? !if your after gorilla glue bnq sell it!

Nothing but it gets expensive if you only want to use a little bit

oipigface

When the stuff first appeared in Britain, my local Travis Perkins had small trial bottles available. Do they not do those any more?

chiloschista

A way to may it last is to fill the bottle with some gas. Not important which one, from a lighter refill bottle, an autogen solder unit, I guess it's only because gas from bottles is almost water free. This is for large bottles, not sure it's worth with small samples. But you are speaking of an unopened bottle ...

Ric

Scram

Got myself a new bottle this morning from local DIY shed.

£5.89 for 60ml

The old bottle has 60ml of solid glue.  I wondered if it would melt in the microwave, like crystallised epoxy will, but no go  :(

martynk

Whitchurch models had small bottles for sale at £1 each I think. I wish I had bought a couple now

Stormeflyer

I’ve used Polyurethane wood glue with great effect in the past and a fraction of the price, you can get 5min, 30min and 45min drying times, it’s brilliant for epp foam build especially laying carbon spars. Put some grease proof paper below the wing or you will be taking your workbench to the slope also 😀 Here is a Gorilla Glue MSDS to compare to Polyurethane

F5B6062B-5382-467C-8DDB-AA4B9DD7BC94.thumb.jpeg.c98bd5e4617d8f38d192a2d2c496e430.jpeg

Kyri

You can make a gap filling foam if you mix it with water. That (moisture) also helps it go off, so make sure the lid is properly sealed when storing it. Better still would to keep it in a glass jar, although I haven't tried that. See here for the gap filling: