WoollyBacks 2015

Martin_N

1 hour ago, Gromit said:

Its great to see the entry list building so nicely. Unfortunately Its looking doubtful that i'm going to be able to join you all for some fun festive racing. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the weather is kind for the event, its long overdue.

Wishing you all a very enjoyable day's racing. 

Stu.

Thanks Stuart,

Would be great to see you but fully understand if its not possible.

If anyone decides to come along, pre-entry is not required you can just turn up on the day, the above list at least lets us know we have enough to run a comp.  Although if you can let me know in advance it does help (Flying order\timing sheets etc)

Lets hope we will confuse the weather by running it on the Monday :)

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi

If next Sunday doesn't happen due to bad weather (which I don't hope). You can highly likely count me in for the Woolyback.

Cheers

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi

Just changed by flight bookings from this week end to the next one. So I'm looking forward to some Boxing Day shopping in London (with the wife) and some flying in Wales.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi All,

I will make a weather call on the Sunday morning between 1Oak and 12 to give the weather stations a chance to update the information. Hopefully the weather will be more predictable before then.

Thanks

Martin

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 07:53, Gromit said:

Its great to see the entry list building so nicely. Unfortunately Its looking doubtful that i'm going to be able to join you all for some fun festive racing. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the weather is kind for the event, its long overdue.

Wishing you all a very enjoyable day's racing. 

Stu.

Unfortunately i can now confirm that I'm unable to join you all, family commitments have had to take priority.

With Pete & JP having just entered, I believe the entry list now stands at a 'Cracking' 23 :) . 

Stu.

4 minutes ago, Gromit said:

Unfortunately i can now confirm that I'm unable to join you all, family commitments have had to take priority.

With Pete & JP having just entered, I believe the entry list now stands at a 'Cracking' 23 :) . 

Stu.

I might make it an invitation event only Stuart :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

that's how it was in years gone by .......

Was it really? I never knew that.

Can I pick and choose now, I'll let you come Andy.

Andy any preference from the list above :).

I can see where this would end up, I will be on the slope by myself :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

I can see where this would end up, I will be on the slope by myself :)

You're going to invite yourself?

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

A mate of mine would like to have a go, is he able to enter and fly my Typhoon? I'm assuming a bit of sport flying is not possible? 

Cheers Simon P

6 minutes ago, Parkspeed said:

Hi Martin,

A mate of mine would like to have a go, is he able to enter and fly my Typhoon? I'm assuming a bit of sport flying is not possible? 

Cheers Simon P

Hi Simon,

Definitely no sport flying, as long as the radius of the nose is not smaller 7.5mm he can enter the typhoon.

4 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Hi Simon,

Definitely no sport flying, as long as the radius of the nose is not smaller 7.5mm he can enter the typhoon.

I thought the Woolybacks was meant to be a fun, relaxed event?

6 minutes ago, mtreble said:

I thought the Woolybacks was meant to be a fun, relaxed event?

It is, but to turn it into a sport fly when people are traveling the length and breth of the country, they can sport fly on there own local slopes. If the wind drops below 3m\s then spors flying it will be. 

Look at it this way, if the wind looks light how many do you think will travel all the way to Wales for a sport fly?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

If the wind drops below 3m\s then spors flying it will be.

So that's a Maybe then?

But looking at the current trends in weather - very unlikely.

• Like 1

Simon,

Has your mate done slope flying before? It maybe a better idea to use a foamy instead of a molded model, ie an epp racer or zagy. Just a thought.