mikef

GBR at Championships 1951-2015

mikef

Here's a table of the GBR representatives at all the World and European Senior Outdoor Free-Flight Championships of the 'Modern Era' - 1951-2015.

Records the data in one place and brings back memories.

Let me know if you spot any errors.

GBR at Champs 51-15.pdf

• Like 1

PeterT

Mike

Thanks for putting me straight - time dims the memory & all that!

One thing at the back of my mind is regarding Dave Hipperson; didn't he qualify for a team and then withdraw as a result of the BOM changes? I note that just above his name was someone who qualified but didn't fly - hence the question.

Peter

mikef

I have not recorded the times when people qualified but didn't fly except in the special case of Pete Harris.  I did this because he was tragically killed by a lightning strike at the 2004 Nationals when he was due to represent GBR in Romania at the 2004 Euro Champs.

You are right about Dave Hipperson - he qualified in 1979 but withdrew and Ron Pollard went in his place.  I don't have/recall the detail if there was a second time.

Peter, I'm pleased that someone is looking at the table in detail - keep the feedback coming.

It seems that you need to be logged in to download the table - perhaps more FFers will join to see what we're talking about.

• Like 1

mikef

Posted in wrong thread and deleted......