UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2016

tonym

Here we go!

I have created the event on the F3XVault website - I have taken the advice to make pre-payment a requirement for registration.

Details of the location and places to stay are here - please let me know if you find any broken links, I'll check them too.

I will keep a list of entrants here but actual entry is to be made on the F3XVault site please.

Entry fees this year are Senior £25 and Junior £10, pre-payment is required by PayPal to tony@quick-net.co.uk
Pay direct to me to avoid conversion fees from GBP-EURO-GBP
Entries by 10th May midnight 12th May
Camping on the field as last year as well as a barbecue on Saturday night. Rather than take a set amount for food, or adding it in to the entry fee, we will pay-as-you-eat. Bring your own beer, wine, etc.

TonyM

Entry List:

1. Loet Wakkerman - NED
  2. Jaap Hogeboom - NED
  3. Tony Hickson - GBR
  4. Lorry Green - GBR
  5. Arjen van Vark - NED
  6. Mike Challinor - GBR
  7. Tony Beckett - GBR
  8. Michael Stern - GBR
  9. Richard Swindells - GBR
  10. Mike Fantham - GBR
  11. Marin Mitev - GBR
  12. Alex Holswilder - GBR
  13. Tony Merritt - GBR
  • Like 1

Ah, didn't actually read the post in my excitement to enter and have paid you in Euros via Paypal, sorry Tony.

Will be camping be available at the field, like last year?

Maria Freeman

Anyone want to share a room ????????

Dragonfly Hotel , Colchester.  Would be approx £47 for two nights….. breakfast extra.

……mustn't be shy :)

Maria

• 2 weeks later...

Four Dutch vs 2 Brits :ermm:  - an unfair match at present.

I don't know how many UK F3K fliers look here as regularly as they would FlyQuiet? Please email the F3K pilots you have in your address book and point them here and to the entry page

UK pilots can pay me direct to my PayPal account to avoid conversion fees from GBP-EURO-GBP - see my first post.

May will be here sooner than you think!
Tony

On 27 January 2016 at 11:00, tonym said:

Four Dutch vs 2 Brits :ermm:  - an unfair match at present.

You're right, they're going to need more than that to take on the mighty Green-Hickson team!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who else is entering? Don't be put off by the Eurotour & World Cup bit, it'll be a pretty normal F3K event - just with a few extra hot shots :)

• 3 weeks later...

World Cup trophy arrived last week, sent to me by Friedmar - a nice trophy to win.

The Eurotour trophy will  be brought over using the European glider/trophy delivery service (Loet!)

Hopefully Twywell next weekend will spur a few more entries to this event.

world_cup_trophy.jpg

f3k-worldcup-introduction.pdf

thechalster

Quick question.  Will it be ok to camping the deli on Friday night?  Planning on driving down straight from work would arrive at about 8:30 ish

mike challinor

thechalster
16 minutes ago, thechalster said:

Quick question.  Will it be ok to camping the deli on Friday night?  Planning on driving down straight from work would arrive at about 8:30 ish

mike challinor

mike challinor

field.  Not deli

Hi Mike

Camping is available from Thursday, Loet and others coming by ferry usually arrive Thursday afternoon/evening.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

A week to go, lets boost the entry numbers, who else is going to sign up? Weather looking promising, rising pressure - wood arranged for camp fire, cabin cleaned.

Camping will be in the same area as last year but we'll be flying the contest on the polo field - like flying on a nicely mown lawn :)

Please contact anyone who's not yet signed up and remind them about this contest.

Tony

• Like 1

Thank you Alex, you make it 15 entrants, still really only enough for 2 slots (slot must contain at least 5 competitors). With 2 slots we can have a snooze between each round and still get 10 in on Saturday - or maybe a 2 hour lunch down the pub and back for 5 more rounds in the afternoon!

If three more sign up at least we can have 3 slots of 6, if six or more sign up we'll have a proper contest with 21+

I'll extend the entry cut-off to midnight Thursday 12th, with so few pilots, the work to produce the score sheets etc. isn't so great.

Tony