UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2016

tonym

Unfortunately Johan and Kristof are not coming after all, we're down to 13 now, just enough to run a 2-slot competition.

Nick Chitty

Hi Tony I was hoping to make this but I have a swollen knee which won't stand 2 days of running around a field. Very disappointed as we just moved house and have kept my glider box close at hand..

I plan to arrive tomorrow sometime.  Give me sometime to get the tent up and get some stick time.  I have a the new 'Windy' Flitz to try out.  

Sad we are losing entrants.

The Dutch have arrived - and made the field their own. Bart has had to withdraw as he has damaged his knee quite badly - looks like I'd better add myself to the draw  :ermm:

camp.jpg

lorrygreen
7 hours ago, Richard Swindells said:

Hayley and me will be arriving in the morning... hopefully with enough time to maiden my model :)

It is traditional to maiden on the morning of a comp, I'm sure it will be fine.

See you in the morning.

• Like 1

There is no start time on here. So I am planning to arrive about 09:30. Don't think we will be short on time for the comp!

Final scores after a belter of a day. How I wish I was able to fly, watching the others having fun finding thermals and going to the moon was hard. Anyway, well done Richard, and well done to everyone else too for making this another great F3K contest.

final_scores.png

• Like 1

Here's why I didn't get past the second round, 'sammed' by Arjen - did far more damage to his wing though, my repair should be easier. Pulled the peg out of my Steigeisen in that round too, I forgot I needed to look at the launch peg after its last outing. Will fit a T-blade to the steig now too.

bollaux.jpg

Thanks for the updates Tony - weather sure looked great for you.   I opted for the full size ones today instead.     Sorry to see your model damaged, hope the repair is straight forward.    Did this happen during a launch?   Any tips on how I can avoid something similar happening to me?

Here are a few photos from the Eurotour. I am not the world's best snapper, so apologies for poor composition, lousy focus.

39crop.jpg

40crop.jpg

41crop.jpg

42crop.jpg

43crop.jpg

44crop.jpg

52crop.jpg

Tired but happy after a great weekend.  Snipe performed well for me in its first contest but I made some daft mistakes to let it down.  The winners made some spectacular flights.

Saturday evening saw some good times round the campfire.

image.jpeg

Really great weekend! Thank you Tony for organising once again. We had really good conditions, challenging windy but with lift on Saturday and glorious calm, but at times tricky conditions on Sunday. 

Thanks to the Dutch guys for attending again, always great to hang out with you guys.  

Well done Richard for the win. Even though you had a bad round at the start of each day, you won convincingly.  I had a great Sunday, but a Saturday to forget. 

thechalster

Had a great weekend.  Lost the plot on Saturday,. Happy with my flying on Sunday. 

Thanks to all who made it happen.

Have the score break downs been published anywhere?  Would love to know how I won 5 2s  with my poor QTs?

mike c