grj

Kent Interclub Multilaunch

grj

This years Kent Club events are being run to full BARCS  Rules and open to non Kent Club Members so will be eligible for BARCS League scores.

There are 4 Multilaunch and 2 ELG events 8th/16th May; 5th June; 10th 24th/31st July; 21st August.

See entries on Event Calendar for full details.

Robin Sleight

Here  is information on the first of these Kent Competitions in 2016.  The information is from Derek Price who will run the event and it would help Derek if flyers other than from Kent Clubs 9who will notify via their Club Rep, post their intention to fly below stating also what type of model they expect to fly

Robin Sleight

Sorry all, I forgot to insert the information!

Hello All

The Medway round of this year's gliding comp will be held at Stickfast lane, Sunday, 24th April same place as last year. This is our power field but they have given it up to allow us to run the competition. It will start as near 10.00 as possible, I will be there about 9.00.

If you have not been there before

From the M2, turn on to the A249 towards the isle of sheppey, take 1st slip road (Key street) & straight across roundabout towards Bobbing (crematorium). 1st turning on left (opposite Mcdonalds) towards Bobbing. Stickfast lane is about 600m on left, drive to the end and at tee junction turn right. After about 300/400m turn right into drive to field (Please close gate behind you). Please park in car park at edge of field.

Hope to see you all there.

Derek

We now have a Solar farm in the field between ours and the road. All flyers may be asked for your BMFA card or insurance certificate so please bring it with you. You will not be able to fly without it.

Please be aware there is also a NO FLY ZONE above the solar farm

Jef Ott

Hi Robin,

This coincides with my Mum's birthday, so there is no way I will be able to get there. 

I wish Derek luck with running this event, and hope to be able to attend the next event in the Kent Club series.

Robin Sleight

Please note that this event (on 24 April) has now been moved to the Sittingbourne Club field at Blacketts Farm near Tonge.

Robin Sleight

The Multilaunch Comp intended for July 10 has been postponed and will now take place on July 24 but at the Invicta field at Sutton Valence. However that will not now count as the Towner Trophy event - that Comp will be held at the Tonbridge field (Leigh Park Farm) on August 7 and will be combined with what was previously classified as the Tonbridge Open.

These changes were forced by the non availability of people to run the comps on the original dates and also trying to ensure minimum clash with events already in the calendar.

Nicholls

There are probably special circumstances leading "no further news" on this event but at least 2 Bloobirds entries Mike Connell and myself with Open on 2.4.

Jef Ott

Is that for next Sunday Ian?

Nicholls

It was planned (revised from original date) but a number of "problems" have occurred since. I think we'll get a definitive On or OFF today, but forecast the latter but let's wait and see what transpires.

I'm following it up in many quarters.

• Like 1

Robin Sleight

I am a bit out the game right now with a raft of urgent medical appointments for the rest of this week.  however this is a Tonbridge run event and I will contact Bob Hope the Tonbridge Rep to ensure information and clarification for all.

Robin

Robin Sleight

Hi All,

Sorry about this but Tonbridge are without a CD so this event is CANCELLED.  That is a pity as it would have ended up counting as the towner, The Keith Miller Cup as well as a a routine Kent event but all out of my control  as I am out of action personally right now.  Better to cancel sooner than later and sorry to notify of the loss of yet another competition this year.

Robin

Jef Ott

Get well soon Robin.