BMFA League events

Ian F3F

It's a full summer's racing and calendar this year- before the BMFA league events have even been set.  Between Euro tour events, world championships and each clubs domestic requirements the dates have been set as shown here.  They will be going n the GBSRA website as well and entry will be through the usual method and timings.  I wanted to get the dates publicised as soon as possible to help with holiday bookings and everyone's home arrangements as well as give the EPP guys a good run up at picking a remaining date.

A change to previous years is that the 2 reserve dates set will be on the Saturday before the Sunday league comps at HOH June 25th and Whitesheet on Oct 30th.

The current option of a move from the traditional locations for East Sussex and Whitesheet will also continue- with as much notice as possible.

Thanks to the clubs/organisers and contributors for helping to put the dates together and run the comps when its their turn.  Without these guys there would be no league.

Ian

24/04/2016 Eastbourne  * Round 1 BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  www.eastsussexsa.co.uk

22/05/2016  Scotland  Round 2 BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  https://sites.google.com/site/sloperacing/home 

11-12/06/2016 Wales   ‘SlopeGlide’  BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event

http://skipsoaring.blogspot.co.uk/p/where-i-generally-can-be-found-flying.html

25/06/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  Reserve date- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

26/06/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  Round 3- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

10/07/2016  Wales  Round 4-  BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event

31/07/2016  The Long Mynd  Round 5- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.   LMSA.com  www.lmsa.org.uk

13-14-08/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  F3F Slope nationals- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

9,10,11/09/2016  Wales  Eaurotour race, BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event

17,18/09/2016  Eastbourne  Eurotour raceBMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  www.eastsussexsa.co.uk

29/10/2016  Whitesheet *  Reserve date 2- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.whitesheet.org.uk

30/10/2016  Whitesheet *  Round 6- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.whitesheet.org.uk

• Like 1

Ian, thank you very much for all your hard work, & time & effort spent in organising this yrs calendar of events, your efforts are very much appreciated.

Stu.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 15:47, isoaritfirst said:

Now we have thanked you can we start pulling it apart and complaining   :D

OK, bags I be first!

Ian,

The reserve dates at Whitesheet and HoH: Are they reserve dates for any preceding round, or will they only apply to the comp scheduled for the day after? In other words, might we be flying both days on those weekends, if some previous competition has had to be cancelled?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

We have updated the GBSRA website with all the dates, one change is the BMFA Nationals this has had to moved to the 20th and 21st August.

As a requirement from the BMFA our contests are all registered as team trials, its probably a good idea I explain why this is when there isn't a World Championships next year (Runs every 2 :) ). I have not seen any bids, but in theory we could have a European Championships next year and if we decided to enter a team we would need a way of selecting this team.  Since F3F got official status, only one European Championship has been held (Slovakia) which got a very poor entry and there hasn't been a bid since.

Thanks

Martin

On 26 January 2016 at 11:16, Ian F3F said:

It's a full summer's racing and calendar this year- before the BMFA league events have even been set.  Between Euro tour events, world championships and each clubs domestic requirements the dates have been set as shown here.  They will be going n the GBSRA website as well and entry will be through the usual method and timings.  I wanted to get the dates publicised as soon as possible to help with holiday bookings and everyone's home arrangements as well as give the EPP guys a good run up at picking a remaining date.

A change to previous years is that the 2 reserve dates set will be on the Saturday before the Sunday league comps at HOH June 25th and Whitesheet on Oct 30th.

The current option of a move from the traditional locations for East Sussex and Whitesheet will also continue- with as much notice as possible.

Thanks to the clubs/organisers and contributors for helping to put the dates together and run the comps when its their turn.  Without these guys there would be no league.

Ian

24/04/2016 Eastbourne  * Round 1 BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  www.eastsussexsa.co.uk

22/05/2016  Scotland  Round 2 BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  https://sites.google.com/site/sloperacing/home 

11-12/06/2016 Wales   ‘SlopeGlide’  BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event

25/06/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  Reserve date- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

26/06/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  Round 3- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

10/07/2016  Wales  Round 4-  BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event

31/07/2016  The Long Mynd  Round 5- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.   LMSA.com  www.lmsa.org.uk

20-21/08/2016  Pickering- Hole of Horcum  F3F Slope nationals- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.nymrsc.org.uk/

9,10,11/09/2016  Wales  Eaurotour race, BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Even

17,18/09/2016  Eastbourne  Eurotour raceBMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.  www.eastsussexsa.co.uk

29/10/2016  Whitesheet *  Reserve date 2- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.whitesheet.org.uk

30/10/2016  Whitesheet *  Round 6- BMFA F3F League and Team Selection Event.    www.whitesheet.org.uk

Entry will be done through the gbsra website. The nationals have also shifted a week

Ian

9 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

I've booked my hols now and will be away for that weekend :(

Same here.  Not a fan of August contests due to the clash with holidays, especially on the week adjacent to the bank holiday.