Sign in to follow this  
Martin_N

Champions Of Champions 2016 2nd & 3rd April WALES

simon_t

Weekend hasn't even started yet and Martin is complaining of 'a lack of the air'...

Simon

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

Bet he's pumped now though!

• Like 1

simon_t
34 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Bet he's pumped now though!

We'll see what his pumps are like in the morning - he may be all pumped out.

• Like 1

Martin_N

we managed to get 5 rounds in today from 1pm today.  The Back Of The Wrecker was crossed and variable as usual which made things difficult for many pilots but overall a good day once the bad weather cleared up.

Day 1 Champ Of Champs.png

• Like 8

f3fman

Better get the loo roll in the fridge, ready for tonight then !    8-)

• Like 1

jwest532
1 hour ago, Martin_N said:
1 hour ago, Martin_N said:

we managed to get 5 rounds in today from 1pm today.  The Back Of The Wrecker was crossed and variable as usual which made things difficult for many pilots but overall a good day once the bad weather cleared up.

Day 1 Champ Of Champs.png

Go the Massive :) Gutted I'm not there :(

• Like 3

Martin_N

Not sure you would have enjoyed the back of the wrecker Joel, but still an enjoyable days flying and curry this evening.

Gromit

Congrats to all on your positions, sounds like it was a challenging day.

I look forward to hearing how today unfolds, Good luck to all.

Stu.

Alibabaj

Yet another great weekend congrats to Simon Pete and Martin on the top places, thanks to Stefan for CD'ing and arranging the curry night... Note to self don't have the Madras next time!!

couple of pics below...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

mark_r

Congrats guys - guess you got a few more rounds in today. Good finish to the winter season, here's looking forward to a good series this summer.

Alibabaj

Found this one of Abbo showing 100% concentration.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Martin_N

Finally home and just to finish the day off, it tipped it down when I was unloading the car. :no:

It was a very challenging 7 rounds flown, 5 on the back of the Wrecker and 2 more today on the far end of the Crest.  Sadly again the weather played a massive part and the air was equally as difficult as day 1 for the pilots.

Peter, Simon, Graeme and JP made good progress over the first 5 rounds taking every opportunity offered up by the conditions. Simon managed to keep this progress on Day 2 to take the lead from Peter.  Graeme suffered in round 7 when we just started, the rain came in and didn't clear for approximately an hour meaning the round couldn't be restarted with the 30 minutes.

Overall it was a great get together and a good curry night, although Daniel may not think the same about the curry night after sharing the car back home with me :o :D.

Massive thanks to Stefan who did a fantastic job at CDing the weekend with some tough decisions but the right ones.  Paul Stubley  covered Buzzer Supreme on both days and Daniel Schneider was on office duties, getting spreadsheets updated at the end of each day. Also Peter Gunning again organised all the trophies for the Winners and FTD Winner.  These guys made for a very smooth well run competition and did everything possible to get the pilots as much flying time as possible.

Results:

1st Simon Thornton

2nd Peter Gunning

3rd Martin Newnham

FTD: Simon Thornton 34.8

Congratulations guys.  The spread sheet will be made available on the GBSRA website for download tomorrow.  

Full results and positions below.

Champ OF Champs 2016 Final Results.png

• Like 3

simon_t

Well we all worked hard for our seven rounds this weekend.  Another rather variable contest, in what seems to have been a winter of very variable contests.  With last night's forecast predicting an unflyable day today, it was surprising after driving up that the top of the Bwlch was in clearer air than Bridgend.  And after the long walk we were able to get a round in before the rain came, and then another after a break, but that was it for the day.  Neutral day for me - one good one and one slow one, but ultimately very happy with the end result, I really didn't expect to retain the trophy - a rather surprising birthday present!

Martin has already said it, but big thanks to all everybody who mucked in, but especially to Stefan and Daniel for travelling to help run the comp, to Martin for making it happen, and  CDing, as well as Mark Treble and Paul their duties.  Also Pete G for the wonderful trophies.

Thanks all!

Simon

• Like 1

oipigface
10 hours ago, simon_t said:

Well we all worked hard for our seven rounds this weekend.

Simon, you worked hard, and managed to defeat the upstart Scot in grand style! Personally, I worked quite hard on Saturday, and sort of collapsed in a heap on Sunday.

Good weekend. The weather on Saturday was stunning.

Thanks to the management, and especially to Stefan who had some hard decisions to make, and made them well.

• Like 2

Gromit

Congratulations Simon on winning the weekends comp & retaining your title as Champion of Champs, an excellent achievement & cool birthday present :thumbsup:.

Congrats to Peter on achieving the 'runners up ' placing, and to Martin on achieving third. Again an excellent achievement, very well done to both of you.

Good to see all members of Whitesheet's team GIFCOF, ie Graeme, Martin & Tony in the top 9, well done you three.

Well done to everyone else on your own positions.

Thanks for the reports & Pics. I look forward to more of these please .

Thank you to all involved in both organising & running this yrs Champ of Champs comp, its clear that you did an excellent job & your efforts were / are very much appreciated by all. 

Stu.  

rumbey

Good to catch up and have a weekend in glorious wales!

Well done to Simon, Pete and Martin for some very good flying.  Worthy podium places.

I was half expecting Graeme to txt me on my way home to say he got in the top 3, but it wasn't to be.  Hard luck G your time will come for sure.

Thanks to Martin, Stefan, Daniel and Paul (buzzer supremo) for running the event.  I really enjoyed getting the Pitbull going in its first comp with decent conditions on Saturday.  Sunday had to revert back to the alliaj and had an issue in last round so no score for me, it did mean I missed the rain on the trek back to the car though.  Looking forward to the welsh Open!

• Like 2

Stefan Bertschi

Baggage checked in, security control passed (they were a tad curious about the ballast :-) ), and now waiting for the plane to leave.

Was a good comp (probably not a classic), and I enjoyed the company very much. Thank you all for having me (again) and thanks everybody for the smooth processing which made my job a lot easier (although it was still tough thanks to the weather).

Congrats to the top three. Well deserved.

Cheers and see you all at the Welsh Open the latest.

Stefan

• Like 10

Gromit

Anyone take any Vid over the weekend that they'd like to share ?

Stu

jwest532
10 hours ago, rumbey said:

I was half expecting Graeme to txt me on my way home to say he got in the top 3, but it wasn't to be.  Hard luck G your time will come for sure.

I agree Dave, Graeme's been knocking at the door now for quite a few comps. All he needs is a bit of luck (which any comp winner needs) and he'll walk away with some well earned  silverware :)

• Like 2