Welsh Open 2016

Martin_N

Martin

Is the entry ment to open on the 28th  Febury  or 28th  March?

Kevin's  web page contradicts its self.

It gives  both dates as the start.

He had asked us to open it today but agree it does contradict things a bit.

Once Mark T is able to fix the issue, we will update you when it will be opened.

thanks

martin

Apologies for the issues today, these have now been resolved.

The registration will now open on the 5th March at 10am more information at the following link:  http://kevin-newton.blogspot.co.uk/p/welsh-open.html

Competition Entry page will be available on this link: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries

Thank you for your patience.

Martin

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter G said:

Just noticed its tomorrow. Hope there is t'internet reception from the slope at Horcum...

Phone a friend/ family member to enter for you?

isoaritfirst

Can someone tell me how to access the FAI number that we should now have on our models. Is it just my GBR licence number?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Is it just my GBR licence number?

Yes it's this one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Can someone tell me how to access the FAI number that we should now have on our models. Is it just my GBR licence number?

How's the best way to cover this requirement?

DIY printed self adhesive sticker, or is there a recognised supplier in the hobby that they can be purchased from?

15 minutes ago, Buzz said:

DIY printed self adhesive sticker, or is there a recognised supplier in the hobby that they can be purchased from?

Paul,

i got stickers made, just make sure they meet the size requirement. Think they must be 25mm tallimage.jpeg.d6abf7de368155aee92223ff4e3ab

37 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

According to the BMFA league rules (and for many years) we ALL should have regulation size letters on our competition models, but in the interest of attracting new pilots it has been generally ignored apart from pilots who fly in international contests.  Don't they check at La Moo?

Simon

22 minutes ago, Buzz said:

As long as they meet the height requirement anything goes - For temporary use just use paper and an inkjet printer, and stick down with clear tape.

Simon

15 minutes ago, simon_t said:

Don't they check at La Moo?

Not when we were there a couple of years ago. I didn't even know this was a requirement.

There's another question here. The FAI number used to be the abbreviated country name (GBR) followed by a 6-digit number (024742), which in most British cases is the BMFA membership number, but they recently introduced new FAI ID numbers, which I had thought were to replace the old system in FAI comps. I've given my new number on my entry (29379), which bears no obvious relationship to my old one (GBR 082099). When the change was first announced there was a lookup table somewhere on the web, but I don't remember where it was. I retrieved mine (which I forgot, of course) by emailing the BMFA, and got a very rapid reply.

Presumably, Martin, you should be displaying your new FAI ID now. Or have I got this wrong? Better perhaps to display both.

(I'm trying to resist saying anything rude about 'bureaucracy'. Or 'going mad'.)

13 minutes ago, oipigface said:

Not when we were there a couple of years ago. I didn't even know this was a requirement.

There's another question here. The FAI number used to be the abbreviated country name (GBR) followed by a 6-digit number (024742), which in most British cases is the BMFA membership number, but they recently introduced new FAI ID numbers, which I had thought were to replace the old system in FAI comps. I've given my new number on my entry (29379), which bears no obvious relationship to my old one (GBR 082099). When the change was first announced there was a lookup table somewhere on the web, but I don't remember where it was. I retrieved mine (which I forgot, of course) by emailing the BMFA, and got a very rapid reply.

Presumably, Martin, you should be displaying your new FAI ID now. Or have I got this wrong? Better perhaps to display both.

(I'm trying to resist saying anything rude about 'bureaucracy'. Or 'going mad'.)

Hoping Simon will step in and answer but I don believe the system was for the pilots and was miss communicated.