Welsh Open 2016

Martin_N

Just now, Martin_N said:

Hoping Simon will step in and answer but I don believe the system was for the pilots and was miss communicated. 

Well it may be applied, but the FAI page seemed to disappear, or at least was only accessible by the national aero club (BMFA in our case).  So I wouldn't worry for now, I would use the GBR number as stated in your FAI contest licence (you do have one presumably).  We'll see what they require for Denmark later this year, but a lot of Europeans are still flying with their 'old' numbers, as are the UK team for now.  As I said, for the domestic league I don't see the need to display numbers, but it is what the rules say.  

Simon

So this is what the current FAI sporting regulations state regarding markings for all international contests:

B.17.6 Identification Marks

a) Model aircraft, except for Indoor Free Flight and Scale, shall carry: i) the national identification mark (as listed in annex B.2) followed by the National FAI licence number or FAI Unique ID number. The letters and numbers must be at least 25 mm high and appear at least once on each model (on the upper surface of a wing for Free Flight models). See annex B.1 for examples and annex B.2 for the list of national identification marks;

Link to document here: http://www.fai.org/downloads/ciam/SC4

So I can put either GBR 082099 or GBR 29379 on my planes? Am I not likely to get confused with the BMFA member whose membership number is 029379?

All they did when I got my FAI number was remove the S and replaced it with GBR don't think it is more complicated than replicating what you have on your license.

Registration is going well, Great Job Mark T.  

Great to see all the information available immediately and for everyone to have a completely transparent view of the entry list at all times. 

35 minutes ago, oipigface said:

So I can put either GBR 082099 or GBR 29379 on my planes? Am I not likely to get confused with the BMFA member whose membership number is 029379?

Nope - you would only use GBR with the BMFA number.  If you use the FAI number then you would replace that with FAI, see appendix B1 of the link I posted.  You can see why most of us have stuck with our BMFA number!

Simon

9 hours ago, simon_t said:

So this is what the current FAI sporting regulations state regarding markings for all international contests:

B.17.6 Identification Marks....

Oh nooooo - Simon's favorite topic :ermm::frantics::D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Allen Elliott said:

Can we edit our entries 

ie add team and correct FIA number ?

should I just email Martin 

If you PM Mark Treble he can sort it.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Gromit said:

Delighted that I am now off the reserve list & my entry has been confirmed B|

Stu

It will be great to see you, Stuart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Allen Elliott said:

Hey Gromit you want to join the loose cannons? We recently lost a team member

Allen 

Cool,  thanks for the invitation to join the 'loose canons', yep i'd love to Allen :thumbsup: .

Elliot, Harrison & Wallace sound like a firm of solicitors :frantics:.

Stu.

• Like 1

On 27 August 2016 at 14:54, Gromit said:

Cool,  thanks for the invitation to join the 'loose canons', yep i'd love to Allen :thumbsup: .

Elliot, Harrison & Wallace sound like a firm of solicitors :frantics:.

Stu.

It's on the list as Elliot, Bioletti & Wallace - Gary dropped out a few weeks ago.

On 1 September 2016 at 21:26, jay bee said:

Any one turning up early for the Welsh

open?

I'll be getting there mid Thursday afternoon 

Graeme