Sign in to follow this  
Woodstock

Willow 1 tails

Woodstock

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help please:  I’m assembling new tails on a Willow 1. I have new tails, but without horns.  Not having ever had the old tails, or ever actually built a V-tail broomstick from scratch, I would appreciate it if someone could help me with a photo showing the rear end of a Willow, in order to guide me as to length , location, and shape of the horns.

Thanks, Chris

MikeDaBike
5 hours ago, Woodstock said:

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help please:  I’m assembling new tails on a Willow 1. I have new tails, but without horns.  Not having ever had the old tails, or ever actually built a V-tail broomstick from scratch, I would appreciate it if someone could help me with a photo showing the rear end of a Willow, in order to guide me as to length , location, and shape of the horns.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris

One piece VTails Pix. Drop me a PM if you want loads of pictures I accumulated before the build
(although I ended up getting Tony Fu to build for me due to time constraints) There are also some at
http://willowracing.blogspot.co.uk/p/some-build-notes.html which may prove useful

Cheers, Mike

willow_2.JPG

willow_1.JPG

willow_3.JPG

Woodstock

Thanks Mike!  Mine has two piece tails, but I suppose it's not all that different..

MikeDaBike

The blogspot has pictures of the two piece tail. I think they're great and love flying my Willow 1, eWillow and more recently my Willow 2. 

GeoffN

Looking forward to the  delivery of my Marlon  . A Merlin fuz and tail with Willow 1 wings ! May even turn up at the bwlch eventually .I'm luckey enough to have the bwlch 90 minutes away and the Skirrid 20 minutes away. There are some good Willow builds just a Google away.

http://willowracing.blogspot.co.uk/p/some-build-notes.html

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=107682&p=2

oipigface

I've measured the horns on mine. They are 16mm, measured along the centre line of the horn, from tail plsne surface to the centre of the ball link.