Bluebird CB 1005 Hv servos.

MooSe

Anybody used these before?  Just received 6 for a Valenta Volcano wing. Very good specs but they are tiny.  I'm slightly concerned about the strength and durability of the gears.  

http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/products.asp?code=CB-1005HV&name=blue-bird-cb-1005hv-servo-10mm-10-9g-4-8kg-cm

However the Volcano doesn't have flaps that travel 80-90 degres.  45 at most paired with airbrakes so not a huge issue on landing and forgetting to raise them....

isoaritfirst

Make sure you calculate the arm lengths to ensure you don't strain those gears, and you should be ok. 

And treat them very cautiously during the build, small powerful servos will let the smoke out as soon as they hit the stops..

I always think there is no substitute for size.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Neil Stainton

My amazing disappearing posts. I was trying to advise people this servo is now called the BMS-101HV.

Yes it is similar to the MKS HV6100

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Neil Stainton said:

My amazing disappearing posts. I was trying to advise people this servo is now called the BMS-101HV.

Yes it is similar to the MKS HV6100

And they will continue to disappear if you post links to your commercial interests. Read the rules Neil. 

• Like 1

Neil Stainton

I read them again. They don't say that anywhere. The closest is "NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion."

IMO my post didn't do any of the prohibited things.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Neil Stainton said:

I read them again. They don't say that anywhere. The closest is "NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion."

IMO my post didn't do any of the prohibited things.

From the rules "No commercial advertising is permitted"

By posting direct links to your website you are advertising and promoting your products. Think about it Neil, if it were allowed the forum would be awash with it. I should know as I have removed hundreds of similar posts from others over the years. I don't have an issue with anyone giving advice about things they sell but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Like 1