BMFA F3F League 1 in Eastbourne Sunday 24th April 2016

Martin_N

Hi All,

The start of the BMFA F3F league is now upon us for 2016 with the winter leagues and champ of champs all completed.  All the dates are available on the GBSRA website along with links to the various clubs where we hold the contests.

The first event to get things started this year will be at Eastbourne on the 24th April.

Therefore to confirm registration for BMFA F3F League 1 in Eastbourne is now OPEN and will close on Thursday 21st  April at 10pm. Use the link below to register which will take you to the GBSRA website.

Registration Form:  http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries

Entries can also be viewed on the website.

Note: Please use the form to complete your entry, we will not be using any other method.

As per all 1 day contests, a weather call will be made on Friday evening around 8pm and WILL be the local CD's decision. This information will be made available on BARCS and through F3Fyahoo group email.

BARCS: 

Let’s hope for good entry and favorable conditions.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

Hi All,

Reminder, if you wish to compete at Eastbourne this weekend you need to register.  Please see details in first post.

thx

Mart 

Hi All,

To confirm Sunday's contest is ON. We will meet in the Longman Car park between 8:30 and 9am.

I think everyone on the list has been there before but if not either post here or look at the GBSRA website for the link to ESSA.

see you all Sunday morning.

thanks

Martin

• Like 2

Cannot make it tomoz  boyz (eye infection at mo )hope you all have a great race .....will be racing with you all again soon .......glasses only for me for a month ,no contacts

Good look to all of you tommow.

Hope everyone has a great comp and hopefully I'll join you all for the next one.

Wishing everyone a very enjoyable and successful comp, good luck to all .

Unfortunately I remain too unwell to attend.

I'd appreciate lots of pics & words about the day, thanks.

Stu.

Hi All,

Some results will be posted soon.

I think we managed 9 or 10 rounds today on the North slope above the Longman himself. It was a pretty cold day and I think everyone suffered a bit from the cold at some point. The rain did make an appearance and stopped flying for 10minutes but we were soon on the way again.

Conditions were pretty variable at times but on the whole most suffered at some point with sink, it does have to be said that a few suffered a little more than others as well. The pilots still need to fly there socks off in the bad and punish everyone if they get the opportunity with some good, maximizing their time.

Mark Redsell and Simon certainly suffered from there fare share of bad air, but both flew particularly well. Graeme Mahoney is flying better and better every time we see him on the slope and is fast becoming a force to be recond with. Graeme + Fosa space Lift equal a great combination.

It was great to see all the regular faces again on the slope, also a return to racing from Allen Eliott with his shinny new needle 115. The result may not show it,  considering it was his first time out racing with model he had it setup pretty well and maybe just a few tweaks to get it performing how he wants.

Massive thanks to ESSA for running the first BMFA F3F contest of 2016. Our CD's Pete Burgess and Gary Harrison did a great job running the centre, John Phillips overall organizer and buzzer supreme kept us all moving. Also Paul ( sorry forgot your last name) who came up the hill with us to watch and buzzed on base A 99% of the day.

thanks everyone at least we flew and got some well earned fresh air.

thanks

Martin

• Like 9

And now the results, we will upload the spreadsheet to the gbsra website and let you know when it's done.

1              Martin Newnham             7488.81

2              Simon Thornton               7318.58

3              Graeme Mahoney            7298.26

4              Mark Redsell                    7292.62

5              John Phillips                     7187.23

6              Mike Evans                       7135.85

7              Tony Livingstone               7057.37

8              Mark Treble                       6934.59

9              Gary Harrison                    6869.97

10           Mike Shellim                       6824.22

11           John Treble                         6425.56

12           Allen Elliott                          6389.79

13           Jason Bioletti                      6332.16

14           Pete Burgess                      6273.70

• Like 8

SilentPilot

Glad to see you got the season off to a good start :)

I've checked the dates and it looks like I'm working every one. Summer is silly season at work, I'll probably not make anything until the next winter league :( 

Well done for getting the season off and running!

Sounds like a challenging day, we had snow (just a bit) yesterday on the slope for the 2nd weekend running!

Congratulations to Martin, that's quite a commanding win! And Graeme for his first top 3 finish.

Hope to see some of you in Scotland next month...

16 hours ago, Peter G said:

Sounds like a challenging day, we had snow (just a bit) yesterday on the slope for the 2nd weekend running!

I told you its grim up north?  17 degrees in Toulouse :)

Good to hear the BMFA F3f lg 1 was a success,  lets hope the pattern continues throughout the yr & we have a full seasons calendar of comps.

Congrats to Martin on an excellent opening win, a great start to the yr for you. Congrats to Simon on taking the 'runners up' place, again a great start to the yr for you. Congrats next go Whitesheets Graeme, an excellent start for you too, very well done.

Congrats & well done to everyone else on their own placings.

I look forward to seeing some pics if anyone's got some they'd like to share.

Stu.

Thanks to the East Sussex team for putting on the comp - nice day out in beautiful surroundings. I reckon the rest of the season is going to be really great having got my year's worth of flat air in one day (plus a costly round-re-start)! It was interesting to fly a new hill (for a few of us), with Martin leading the way with excellent flying leading to a secure win. The rest of us hung on for other places with a much closer points gap than expected. It was pretty chilly down south - nice to head north to warm up.. Scotland should be positively tropical next month.

• Like 3

Thanks all.  Funny old day on the slopes with huge variability.  I went as low as 8th place during the day, and then climbed from 7th to 2nd in one flight.  Graeme continues to fly the SpaceLift well, and I really thought he was way ahead of me (he was for most of the comp).  Mike Evans also put in some great flights with the Shinto and was unlucky in the end.  Mark(s) Redsell and Treble had a nightmare all day, being dealt poor air most flights, and neither got that one 'golden' flight that would have made a big difference.  But big well done to Martin for grinding out consistently competitive flights in mostly average conditions.

Thanks JP (sorry to 'outgrumpy' you!), Allen, Peter and Gary for manning the centre and bringing us the comp.

Simon

• Like 3

isoaritfirst

An interesting day. for my part I don't thing I was really paying attention. A couple of costly cuts saw paid to a decent finish. But to be honest I didn't feel like I was being competitive, and concentration definitely wained. 

Interesting,because I flew very light and tried to fly a close in short course. Lack of concentration or fatigue also made it hard to stay focused on the plan and a few flights were wasted going heavier due in some part to peer pressure. 

Trying to be different almost needs you to stop watching others. But remaining focused demands that you do. 

But above all, the buzzers rule the day, and I gave them far too little of my attention.

The results somewhat surprisingly show that the plan was good just my execution that was crap  

Congratulations to Martin, a man with a plan. Simon for a few very spectacular flights. Graham for a top result.

It was nice to see s few old faces up on the hill. 

Thanks to all that made it happen. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

The below chart will give you all a very good idea of the top 10 pilot positions as they progressed through the day.  It makes for an interesting view of how things played out through the day:

Ranking Chart.PNG

• Like 4