Pyrenees Cup 2016

jwest532

8 hours ago, Aubry GABANON said:

Also, was the fist time I met Simon. You have a incredible chance to have this kind of person in England by your side, keep him or give him to us

Kind Person? Maybe from a first glance.  :D

I thought so too in the past but he showed me at CoC that was wrong  :poke:  :ermm:  :D

• Like 2

oipigface
8 hours ago, Aubry GABANON said:

Also, was the fist time I met Simon. You have a incredible chance to have this kind of person in England by your side, keep him or give him to us.

I think Aubry's on to something here...and we need to decide. Do we keep Simon or let him go? Perhaps we should add the question to the referendum ballot next month.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oipigface said:

I think Aubry's on to something here...and we need to decide. Do we keep Simon or let him go? Perhaps we should add the question to the referendum ballot next month.

I'm still undecided about Europe. But definitely OUT where Simon is concerned :). Come to think of it we could sweeten the deal and offer Stefan and Pete as well :):)

• Like 1

Oh - now I understand the truth about the fact that you hadn't been at the comp ;)

Don't be so hard with Stefan. He only lives in a campervan at Surrey :lol:

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi

Not sure if I should do this, but as there are various reports about my flight, I like to share some of my memories.

At first, I honestly do not remember a lot of the flight.

It started that I let Pete wait with the launch a good 15 Seconds into working time. I made 3 pumps before leaving the course on base A on the right. The pumps were very powerful and the climb out way above my usual.
By dropping in I could feel that it was fast. The first turn was a kind of reversal and afterwards (according to my feeling and also Pete's report) there were all kind of turns. I honestly can't remember them in any way. I just have the memory that the plane got faster and faster in every turn. On base 9 the one thought I had was 'do not cut' - which I gladly didn't (although Philipp Lanes told me after the flight that I was even tight on the bases).
Flying wise it was a good bit away from the slope which might have been the reason why the air felt really smooth. I also didn't have the feeling that I had to steer very much beside flying the turns by adding a bit of aillerons and pulling real hard (and probably put back the elevator to neutral at at the right time).

After leaving the course I knew that it was quick and I hoped for a sub30 to get a new PB. That it was so fast really surprised me, and I had to ask the CD two or three times how fast it was...

In regards of memories. It's funny, I can remember various crap flights in many details but I have more or less none of my two fastest flights I ever had (beside the fact that they both felt smooth and fast).

The glider:
I flew a Jedi 'Prototype' which I bought from Andreas Böhlen a good year ago. Prototype in the sense that the aillerons are hinged on top, and also the Ailleron/Flap ratio (length) might be different to some production ones. Linkages in the wing are Baudis built in RDS. It's a rather light (~ 2100g) F3B layout and even has a hook for whinching. Ballast wise I put in ~ 1700g of Tungsten/Brass. No such things as reflex or combi switch programmed (no rudder at all in 'Corsa' mode).

On the Servo side - no MKS but all JR :-)

Cheers

Stefan

• Like 11

The results are in the f3X valut which is good for viewing / analysis - http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=738

I notice my discard was a 36.xx against Stefan's 25.48 for 685 points. That flight made me have to keep my 47.xx, boo hiss! The turn I remember from Stefan's run was 6 or 8 on A where he went in level and just pulled, came out inverted and half rolled straight :frantics: Yeehaa was what I was thinking!!!

My gliders have arrived home. The fuse ballast tube is loose in the FS3 and I have root & tip damage on one Jedi wing, to be honest I think it could have been mostly done in the landing zone so just a couple of small running repairs to do. I think there will be many people with minor repairs to do after that weekend...

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Les said:

Did anyone manage to video Stefans mega fast round?

Unfortunately I don't believe it was captured.

Simon

1 hour ago, simon_t said:

Unfortunately I don't believe it was captured.

Simon

That's a shame.