BMFA F3F League 2 SCOTLAND 22nd May 2016

Martin_N

Hi All,

To confirm registration is now OPEN for BMFA F3F League 2 to be held in Scotland on the 22nd May and will close on Wednesday 18th May at 10pm. Use the link below to register which will take you to the GBSRA website.

Registration Form: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries

The entry list can also be viewed on the GBSRA website.

Note: Please use the form to complete your entry, we will not be using any other method, any issues email either me or Mark Treble.

As per all 1 day contests, a weather call will be made on Friday evening around 8pm and WILL be the local CD's decision. This information will be made available on BARCS and through F3Fyahoo group email.

Thanks

Martin

Come on guys, you really do need to get registered, they have amazing slopes and if you are lucky enough to experience Bishops, I guarantee you will be hooked on flying in Scotland. I've personally flown Bishops and East Lomond and they are both awesome.

You might also find that Peter will organise an EPP race on the Saturday (FYI I haven't asked him :) )

8 hours ago, Martin_N said:

You might also find that Peter will organise an EPP race on the Saturday (FYI I haven't asked him :) )

I would run an EPP race on Saturday if there were enough of us keen to do it, probably a minimum of 5 bodies for 2 up racing or 7 for 3 up. That would also be relying on honesty counting your own laps...

I would love to come up for this Pete, but I can't commit to the 1000 mile + round trip unless there is at least 10 entries excluding myself.  It is a great shame that with such fantastic slopes and a good record of the comps running, that we (so far) seem unable to attract entries, even from those in Scotland and the north of England that regularly attend other events.  It is a shorter distance from Yorkshire to Scotland than we have to travel from Kent to HoH.  I hope that there is a late rush of entries entries.  I will be poised on Wednesday in anticipation!

Simon

What is the reason for the 10 limit? It is entirely logistical and has no impact on the actual flying. In practice it is preventing those that do want to compete in their local area from taking part in the league (we lost hoh last year and Scotland previously). This 'rule' came about when comps were generally much better attended and it really is time for it to go and the number to be declared at entry time by the local cd.

44 minutes ago, mark_r said:

What is the reason for the 10 limit? It is entirely logistical and has no impact on the actual flying. In practice it is preventing those that do want to compete in their local area from taking part in the league (we lost hoh last year and Scotland previously). This 'rule' came about when comps were generally much better attended and it really is time for it to go and the number to be declared at entry time by the local cd.

I think it is reasonable to set a lower limit - it's not just logistics.  If there was no limit anyone could set up a comp miles away from most flyers and bag an easy 100 league points.  That is not competition!  Personally I think it could be as low as 8, but not lower or to me it is not really valid.  Propose something ahead of the next AGM and it will get debated/voted on.

Simon

re hoh that was a reserve event and it did have the entrance required to run a comp, some of us had travelled over 200miles to attend, sadly someone forgot all there equipment. We still ran a comp just it wasn't a league counting contest.  

Scotland was added to the league by me so we had full national coverage, something we had never had in F3F in the UK before as far as I am aware. It appears at the moment that locally they are struggling with pilots and sadly this has an impact. We still have time for people to register, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Reducing numbers further I can't see how you would run a valid comp, realistically at the moment this has only happened in Scotland. 

Simon, comps would remain scheduled as a national league, so random local events don't apply. 1st rule for anyone interested in a league is to turn up.......and one local comp would not decide the league result. It is a tricky area with numbers dwindling, and like you, i don't want to travel a long way for a comp which would be voided by numbers. This simply adds to the problem though,and leaving it as is will just further diminish numbers.

Anyway, hopefully some more will enter this one.

Numbers now up to 8 (great to see), I think that is all the locals we can muster if its West Lomond or Bishop as forecast. So there is hope yet :yes:

No doubt about dwindling numbers though, the minimum number is something we will have to consider further. If there was no minimum and the comps were going to run anyway, it may push people off the fence towards entering as opposed to the situation we have now?

Fingers crossed for this weekend though, the forecast is looking excellent...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peter G said:

9 now :frantics:

Next on the list and I'll chip in £20 for fuel ;)

Are cash incentives allowed in the rules?

If I had a plane ready I would try make the trip.... :bye:

Maybe next year. 

Stefan Bertschi
13 hours ago, Peter G said:

9 now :frantics:

Next on the list and I'll chip in £20 for fuel ;)

Are cash incentives allowed in the rules?

Well that would cover cover about 1/14th of the distance (forth and back) - sorry not really tempted :-)

5 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

Well that would cover cover about 1/14th of the distance (forth and back) - sorry not really tempted :-)

how about some sub 30 air and a Haggis supper??? :yes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sloper said:

how about some sub 30 air and a Haggis supper??? :yes:

How about sub 30 air and no Haggis supper!

Simon

• Like 2