BMFA F3F League 2 SCOTLAND 22nd May 2016

Martin_N

isoaritfirst

sorry I couldn't support the event Pete.  I did enjoy my trip to Scotland a couple of years ago, on that occasion I did it over three days  that option wasn't open to me this year  

The drive home after a long hard day on the hill is just too demanding. 

i hope you can find enough pilots to run a comp on Sunday. 

i wonder if the fact it no longer will count will reduce your numbers  

i expect it will, but wonder if it should ?

Looking on the bright side, the forecast weather is better than it was earlier in the week. That may encourage a few extra participants. 

• Like 1

Well, as it turned out the weather was brilliant today after a few morning showers. Mark and I got up to East Lomond at about 10:30, Mark chucked his new Gulp off, and it fluttered its way into the ground. Worse was to come, I had been flying the Odyssey for about quarter of an hour. Mark was standing next to me. Wind was a bit under 20ms. Plane was going well when pilot error caused the starboard wingtip to collide with the pilot, breaking the transmitter and causing minor damage to my right hand. A nanosecond later, the opposite wingtip smacked into Mark's face. The rest of the day was ambulances, paramedics, the guys who are called out when terrorists are about and the air ambulance. The details can wait for another day, but Mark is currently in hospital in Dundee with a suspected fractured eyesocket. The eye itself is fortunately undamaged, and they are not sure about the fracture yet.

I'm sure you can all guess how I feel about this, but needless to say, neither of us will be turning up tomorrow.

Sorry to her this John.

Hope Mark is ok,he's  Got a hard head so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Really shocked and sad to read this, that's why he wasn't answering the phone! 

He should be in good hands at ninewells, hopefully a speedy recovery. I will pop over later if he's still there.

Maxscotland

Thoughts are with you and Mark. Really sorry to hear about this accident John.

Please pass on my best wishes to Mark.

Sorry to hear about the accident John, finger crossed there is no fracture and Mark and yourself make a speedy recovery.

John,

Sorry to hear of your accident. Best wishes to Mark, and yourself, for a speedy recovery.

isoaritfirst

It's great that you and mark are so close and do so much together. Accidents do happen try not to beat yourself up too much John although I'm sure that will be very difficult for you. 

All the best to Mark for a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully you will both be back out on the hills together very soon. 

• Like 1

I just left Mark & John in Edinburgh as they set off for Halifax. Mark is pretty stoic and has a cat scan booked for tomorrow in Bradford after which they will know for sure how to fix him.

Glad to confirm that mark is in good spirits and still able to polish off a chemichanga and accompanying beer with gusto!

One piece of good fortune was that a local zagi flyer found Mark's car key up on top of east lomond today when me and George were up there (needle/haystack). The logistics of getting home would have been a whole lot more complicated without it!

• Like 8

Thanks everyone for your posts.

we got home in the early hours of this morning.Should know more after a trip to Bradford Hospital today.

• Like 7

Glad your home Ok Mark - You need to get that beard woven into some sort of 'Airbag' for when you are flying with dad!

Simon

• Like 6