Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fpljohn

BMFA League 4 at the Bwlch on 10th July

Recommended Posts

Spoons

Well my time is a premium these days so I personally made the right call. 

Mid the forecast had looked clear I would have come over. 

It looked too crud to be worth the time away from the family. 

Besides staggy is calling me next week ;)

or the sand dunes at hayle or st Michaels mount. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil.Taylor

Specially for Martin - I would have made the same weather call as JP

(but I needed to be there to buy & sell planes :))

it was a great day of F3F hill-sitting - wrapped up in winter woolly hat & gloves - in July - and the view was much better than London, framed by the clag, with sun in the valley below...

Phil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alibabaj
1 minute ago, Martin_N said:

I enjoyed the Bluto Greame, it seriously has some pace. Also had a good attempt at flying mode 1 with Mikes Wildthing. 

Thanks both for letting have ago.

 

No worries Martin, it's good to get other opinions on setup and flying styles 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simon_t
1 hour ago, Spoons said:

when I woke up at four am to get ready to leave the weather radar showed what was install for the day. So why waste a complete day by going to Wales to sit in the clag. 

Stayed at home and did some fencing. 

 

 

As you decided to turn on 'Smug Mode' Jon:

1.  Well done for being so clever in not turning up, and pointing out to those that did turn up that they are all assholes.

2.  I would be interested in what you saw in the XCweather and BBC forecasts that persuaded you it would be a waste of time.  We only had one shower of 5 mins, and the wind was perfect.  The clag is almost impossible to forecast, and was above the hill most of the time, just with the ballistic conditions a little too low for safety.  Neither XCweather nor BBC indicate humidity, which is the only way that you might have made scientific decision, rather just using your 'feelings'.  The poor sods that have to make weather calls on the Friday use data to make the call to avoid biases and manipulation - Like 'real' weather forecasters the call is not always right.

3.  You seem to have pi$$ed off a lot of folks in two F3X classes so far.  Which one are you targeting next, so that I can warn people/avoid it myself?

...And apologies to Mike E and his splendid post -  I was off sick when we did subtlety class at school. :angry:

Simon

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N

Might as well add that 2 other pilots didn't turn up, they had the decency to notify me that they  wouldn't be appearing on the day. We can't head to the slope until everyone is there.

The positive was, everyone knew you wouldn't appear regardless of the conditions so we went up to Mickies anyway and was happy to leave you there if you had turned up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoons

Not once did I say that anyone was an ass hole you assumed that Simon. 

I just said that I need to spend my tokens wisely  I don't have the pleasure of a lot of free time to please myself these days  

So I am sorry if I offended anyone with my lack free time and choosing to spend it how I like. 

I didn't know that I had to seek all of your permissions to fly when and where I want to when I want to !

you all choose to fly and travel then that's your call same as mine was my call. 

you know what forums are a complete wastes of *********** time  we lived our lives completely happily without the ************ things  they came along and everybody seems to need 3000 people's approval for doing things  

i don't need to justify my actions to anyone but myself  

words come and go but I guess people need to justify thereselves one places like this  yes I feel into the trap and joined a poxy forum  

bit like pointless Facebook  we now spend our lives trying to justify our existence to our friends online to make ourselves all warm and fuzzy

to be honest I get tired of it  

forums Facebook Twitter even email rants

I had planned to come along on Sunday but the pull of my family and iffy weather made me stay at home  

 

I now wish that I hadn't bothered putting my name down or bothered with trying to justify anything online (not just this forum)

i really did used to love my model flying  

but now it's just a chore  

it's a shame cos it was something I have invested a lot of time and effort into over the last twenty plus years  

we all spend too long online  

you know we touch our smart phones something like 2000 times a day and our wives or better halfs less then ten times  

that's got to tell you something  !

please delete my account  as I'm going 

To out my phone down and talk to my wife and kids

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Austin
3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

you know what forums are a complete wastes of ************ time  we lived our lives completely happily without the ************ things  they came along and everybody seems to need 3000 people's approval for doing things  

i don't need to justify my actions to anyone but myself  

Then why bother keep telling us your actions. :poke:

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

please delete my account  as I'm going

Bi Jon

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not once did I say that anyone was an ass hole you assumed that Simon. 

I just said that I need to spend my tokens wisely  I don't have the pleasure of a lot of free time to please myself these days  

So I am sorry if I offended anyone with my lack free time and choosing to spend it how I like. 

I didn't know that I had to seek all of your permissions to fly when and where I want to when I want to !

you all choose to fly and travel then that's your call same as mine was my call. 

you know what forums are a complete wastes of *********** time  we lived our lives completely happily without the ************ things  they came along and everybody seems to need 3000 people's approval for doing things  

i don't need to justify my actions to anyone but myself  

words come and go but I guess people need to justify thereselves one places like this  yes I feel into the trap and joined a poxy forum  

bit like pointless Facebook  we now spend our lives trying to justify our existence to our friends online to make ourselves all warm and fuzzy

to be honest I get tired of it  

forums Facebook Twitter even email rants

I had planned to come along on Sunday but the pull of my family and iffy weather made me stay at home  

 

I now wish that I hadn't bothered putting my name down or bothered with trying to justify anything online (not just this forum)

i really did used to love my model flying  

but now it's just a chore  

it's a shame cos it was something I have invested a lot of time and effort into over the last twenty plus years  

we all spend too long online  

you know we touch our smart phones something like 2000 times a day and our wives or better halfs less then ten times  

that's got to tell you something  !

please delete my account  as I'm going 

To out my phone down and talk to my wife and kids

 

If it's such a chore we have a great classifieds site her on are forum.

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N

What did I miss, only turned away for 5 minutes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532
4 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

What did I miss, only turned away for 5 minutes. 

I'm not sure my hand bag is big enough for this sort of thing :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B
1 minute ago, jwest532 said:

I'm not sure my hand bag is big enough for this sort of thing :)

but it would be a very nice one :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
10 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

What did I miss, only turned away for 5 minutes. 

You missed Mr Spoons throw his knife and fork out of his cot and leave the forum.

:yes:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532
7 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

but it would be a very nice one :)

I know lets turn to a more positive subject - Martins Failed attempt to fly mode 1 ????????????

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B
7 minutes ago, jwest532 said:

I know lets turn to a more positive subject - Martins Failed attempt to fly mode 1 ????????????

No No ......it wasn't Martins fault .....we all know Mikes Wildthing likes the Bwlch heather

it obviously thought it saw an Alula coming

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N
7 minutes ago, jwest532 said:

I know lets turn to a more positive subject - Martins Failed attempt to fly mode 1 ????????????

To be fare it was a failed attempt as well. Wonder if mike will let me try one of Shintos next time 😳

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N
3 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

No No ......it wasn't Martins fault .....we all know Mikes Wildthing likes the Bwlch heather

it obviously thought it saw an Alula coming

Mike was skimming the grass, I just didn't mess about 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rocket Ronnie

Well I think that everyone who did turn up for the Comp has or should have learned a BIG lesson.

BRING SOME FOAM WITH YOU NEXT TIME👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_N

Ronnie,

As you know, I am now fully equipped with foam cutting equipment.

Time to start experimenting 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Just before you do throw all your toys out Jon, and before you start to think its everyone elses fault, just re read your first post from the prospective of an event organiser.

Its a hard task that someone needs to do. Sometimes, in fact more times than not, its a thankless task. 

Weather calls are stressful, no one wants to waste anyones time and money in unecessary travelling .Calling off every comp would gaurantee 100% no one wastes theirs, unless of course you consider all the costs of the models and radios and clothes that we have all purchased so that we can have a day out together. If we don't go then thats wasted!

Then if you do get the call right, what then if pilots choose not to come along, because the date is inconvenient, or the cat needs washing. 

If you have every tried to wash more than one cat at a time, you would know how stressfull it can be trying to get several cats to be in the same place at one time. If after all the work of running the bath and preparing the towelsthey simply won't come into the house, it can leave you feeling very unloved.

Personally, I have always been of the persuasion that if I say I am going to meet my mates to play badmington, go on a ride or go down the pub, I make the effort to do just that , and hope that they do the same. Its the only way that society survives.

I do have some people in my life who have a different view on life, they react to people in a different way and see nothing wrong with making decisions that are very one sided. They go through life in the belief that they are always right and the world is wrong. They think nothing of changing plans, totally unconcerned about how this may effect others.

I believe it is in their genes and something that they are not in complete control of, they dont understand the importance of others in their lives. Generally I have learn't to accept their behaviour, although on many occasions it does hurt. 

It may be that your comments were just quick comments about your day or it may be that you have this trait, I do not know you well enough, but either way your comments hinder our attempts to organise competitions for all to enjoy. 

Competitions need numbers, Organisers need support, and we all need to feel that we are doing something to improve each others lives, and with that our own. 

Unfortunately when others take our efforts and sneer at them it can make us all throw our toys out of the bath, provided of course that the cats haven't got there first.

 

Bring something to the party Jon, it would make you a much more welcome sight.

Much better than just  popping around to tell us to keep the noise down,

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abbof3f

The cat needs washing!!!!!!!lolololol ......IT,S COOL FOR CATS.........I bet your humming the song !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.