Alibabaj

Jedi Lift

Alibabaj

Hi All,

Just ordered a new toy, but couldn't find much info online so here's all about it from Baudis...

The new model Jedi Lift has wingspan 3.170mm, so it is a bit bigger than Pitbull or Jedi.
The Jedi Lift was designed to have more lift at starts on F3B winch and also performance at task "distance" should be slightly better.

Concerning the F3F category we would say that the Jedi Lift should have more lift and better and faster turns than Jedi. 
We assume that Jedi Lift might be very good for F3F in weak conditions mainly.

The model Jedi Lift is flying by some F3B and F3F pilots now and we are awaiting their feedbacks and results after the season.
So Jedi Lift is flown in season 2016 for example by Lukas Gaubatz and Martin Ziegler in F3F and by Andreas Böhlen, Denis Duchesne in F3B.
Till now the feedbacks and results are very positive and promising. 

Estimated delivery time for the Jedi Lift is approx. 12-14 weeks from the order receipt.

Standard Jedi Lift F3F Strong lay-up:
Wing sandwich construction
- glass fabric 50g/m² on surface of wing
- bi-directional carbon fabric 160g/m²
- Herex
- glass fabric 50g/m² in last layer
Wingspar - kevlar honeycomb/high-module carbon sandwich
Fuselage with double standard carbon without tow hook

Flying weight: Jedi Lift F3F Strong - weight 2300-2400g

If you are looking for some stronger layup - we can offer you the special lay-up as follows:
- special F3F double carbon version - 50g glass/ 90g carbon / herex / 90g carbon - flying weight around 2250g
- special heavy double carbon F3F version - 50g glass/ 160g carbon / herex / 160g carbon - with flying weight around 2700g

The version Jedi Lift F3F (2x 90g carbon) is quite popular now, because it seems as ideal combination of stiffness and strength and weight. 

Also possible to order a light F3F version based on F3B layup. Flying weight approx. 2000-2100g.

Graeme

• Like 2

Les

Hi Graeme

Is it true that the main components such as wings fuzz and tail fins can't be mixed and matched with the Jedi and Pittbull?

Alibabaj

Unfortunately this is true Lez, I would have thought the joiner is interchangeable allowing for different dihedrals 

Les

What a shame.

I wonder if this is because they don't want people to make hybrids from collection of planes.

Alibabaj

Just found out even the joiner isn't interchangeable with any other model, apparently it's deeper than the Fosa/ Pitbull but the same dihedral 

G

Greg Dakin

Pretty surprising development - especially given the number of hybrid orders previously placed.

Presumably the deeper joiner indicates a thicker root section and / or perceived need for 

improved stiffness?

Very tempted with the 2 x 90g cfk lay-up....

Alibabaj

Personally I don't think Juri was entirely happy with people messing around with his designs, however he's a businessman at the end of the day so he tolerated it.

It'll be interesting to see just how much the percentage thickness has increased, I would think it's only fractionally deeper.

I've asked if the wing/fuselage ballast is the same as the Fosa Lift.

The 2x 90 looks the best of the bunch, I'm going for the standard strong version as I'm not so much of a hooligan as you😀

Stefan Bertschi

If you want I can measure it.

Alibabaj

Yes please Stefan, Andreas is placing a new Tungsten order soon.

Greg Dakin
45 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Personally I don't think Juri was entirely happy with people messing around with his designs, however he's a businessman at the end of the day so he tolerated it.

Well to be honest, from the outset I didn't think that Space Lift orders were likely to be honoured at all....

Design tampering aside, the main issue relates to b******ising production lines and mixing moulds. May be the new Jedi has been engineered to eliminate the future threat of cross contamination - cosmic lifts, space stations, jedi knights etc 😊

If this machine blends the handling and straight line speed of the stock Jedi, with the Fosa's Lift's energy and inertia, it'll be really special......but then again I think that Stefan has capably proven that already 😎

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Dakin

Should also add that it'll be fascinating to see how the next gen face-off between the Jedi Lift and FS5 will play out. It seems that the tier 1 manufacturers have now adopted truly divergent design strategies - high lifting vs low lifting wings. The days of considering camber as an attribute exclusively for modest conditions are now well and truly over too. Chuck in the Elasto and Stribog for the experimentalists and there's quite a bit to consider before choosing an approach...

Time will tell I guess - all eyes on Denmark later this year.

I'll shut-up now for fear of hi-jacking the Jedi thread - may be I should author a slope column, where I can get it all off my chest 🤔

• Like 3

Les

G what is the price of your Jedi Lift?

Alibabaj
6 minutes ago, Les said:

G what is the price of your Jedi Lift?

Quote from Baudis:

Prices of Jedi Lift in F3F layups without shipping cost as follows:
Jedi Lift F3F Strong ...  1.320 Euro
Jedi Lift F3F Light ...  1.610 Euro
Jedi Lift F3F Double carbon (2x 90g carbon) ... 1.610 Euro
Jedi Lift F3F Double carbon (2x 160g carbon) ... 1.441 Euro

satinet
9 hours ago, Greg Dakin said:

Should also add that it'll be fascinating to see how the next gen face-off between the Jedi Lift and FS5 will play out. It seems that the tier 1 manufacturers have now adopted truly divergent design strategies - high lifting vs low lifting wings. The days of considering camber as an attribute exclusively for modest conditions are now well and truly over too. Chuck in the Elasto and Stribog for the experimentalists and there's quite a bit to consider before choosing an approach...

Time will tell I guess - all eyes on Denmark later this year.

I'll shut-up now for fear of hi-jacking the Jedi thread - may be I should author a slope column, where I can get it all off my chest 🤔

The Jedi lift most likely is designed as an f3b model (indeed like most of his designs - he is very good f3b pilot by all accounts). 

That being said one of the Herrigs won a recent eurotour with the fs5. 

oipigface
13 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

I'm not so much of a hooligan as you😀

Yet!

• Like 2

Stefan Bertschi

Chord: 23.15 cm
Thikest part of the profile: 1.9 cm

+/- 8.2%

Wing Ballast: 14*14mm (as the Jedi)
Fuzz Ballast: 10 * 15 * 50

Actually I flew the Jedi (F3B light layout) in the fast run in France. But Martin Ziegler won Poland Eurotour on a Jedi Lift and also Lukas seems to fly the Jedi Lift.

Cheers

Alibabaj

Thanks for the info Stefan,

in comprison the Fosa lift wing is:

Root chord 22cm 

profile 1.85cm 

krvedaa

Hi,

I fly Jedi Lift and start to figure it out. Like the Jedi, it tend to not like too much snap flap. I fly CG at 108mm. Nearly no
aileron differential (14/13mm) and for AIL to FLP (2,5/2mm). Ready to fly weight is 2360 grams for the triple carbon
wings (essential F3B wing layup with Rohacell but with one extra outer layer of 80 grams). Fuselage F3F layup, with
enforced inner nose, and nosecone.  I had to use a 50 gram piece of lead in nose to have the CG at 108mm.

• Like 1

Alibabaj
7 hours ago, krvedaa said:

Hi,

I fly Jedi Lift and start to figure it out. Like the Jedi, it tend to not like too much snap flap. I fly CG at 108mm. Nearly no
aileron differential (14/13mm) and for AIL to FLP (2,5/2mm). Ready to fly weight is 2360 grams for the triple carbon
wings (essential F3B wing layup with Rohacell but with one extra outer layer of 80 grams). Fuselage F3F layup, with
enforced inner nose, and nosecone.  I had to use a 50 gram piece of lead in nose to have the CG at 108mm

Hi,

interesting CG at 108, I was thinking ~104mm, however looking at the video I seems very stable.

Graeme

krvedaa

Hi Graeme,

The wing ballast at all other late Baudis Models ( Fosa, Fosa Lift, Pitbull, Jedi) have the centre of ballast at 100 mm. For Jedi Lift this is placed at 105 mm.

Also that the root cord is bigger, tend too that CG should be a bit more aft. I flew the Jedi Lift with CG at 104mm, but that felt too slugish and strange for me.

But of course, all up to personal preferences. The CG will move foreward when ballasting anyway at CG behind 105 mm. To have it absolute neutral, fly at CG 105mm, and glue in the fuselage tube at this CG.

Kristian