Alibabaj

Jedi Lift

Alibabaj

Thanks for the advice Kristian, 105 sound like a good starting point, I fly Fosa lift and Jedi both with CG at 104 so thought this was a logical starting point, I wasn't aware the wing ballast position had changed on the Jedi Lift.

Graeme

Peter G

The re enforced nose cones are a good idea, I just ordered 2 new ones for my Jedi's!

drewetm

it looks like I have posted pictures of a Rotmilan onto the wrong thread, but it really is a Jedi Lift... Honest. It arrived today.

Have to say the impeccable Baudis quality has continued with this model, it really is very good

Martin

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

• Like 5

Les

You do like the pink colour   Martin,is this your feminine side coming out?😆

Very nice mate

• Like 2

Maxscotland

Nice Martin

Are you and the model 'coming out' in Wales this weekend? lol

Look forward to seeing you on Friday

Cheers Ewan 

• Like 3

Andy_B

looks a bit slow to me Mart ......almost looks like its in a clown suit .......

• Like 5

abbof3f

On That bomb shell.....it,s time for Coco!

• Like 4

abbof3f

• Like 2

krvedaa

Really nice plane Martin, the Rotmilan colorscheme is awsome! Have you had your first outing with the Jedi Lift yet?

It has some bit different behaviour than other typical later Baudis Models, but once familiar, I believe this can be flown
fast. I had my share of scary moments today with it in some insidious conditions thrown at it

Br.
Kristian

• Like 2

Maxscotland

Hi Martin 

What are your first flying impressions with the lift? Have you had much time to play yet?

I stuffed my Jedi on Saturday fully ballasted in A 60mph wind ....Oops!  Not sure I could stretch to a lift but would be great to hear how you are getting on with it .

Cheers Ewan 

Andy_B
23 minutes ago, Maxscotland said:

Hi Martin 

What are your first flying impressions with the lift? Have you had much time to play yet?

I stuffed my Jedi on Saturday fully ballasted in A 60mph wind ....Oops!  Not sure I could stretch to a lift but would be great to hear how you are getting on with it .

Cheers Ewan 

O Rodney what a plonker .......!!...is it properly Fubar'd .......shame as you were getting on well with it ......my lifts been in build for a week now will let you know how it goes  as soon as .

Maxscotland

Hi Andy

Yeah total plonker! Part pilot error, part 60mph wind and possibly part radio loss as the model was out of sight when it went in. I'm thinking that because I was flying it kneeling down behind the buzzers I could here it and avoid being blown off my feet! I clearly need more ballast in my wellies........

The fuz is ok with just a break on one side of the nose area. Needs a new nose cone. One wing is totaled and the other has a few areas needing a bit of 'T' cut ........😆

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Jedi broken - oh no!

Something for the Dark Knights.......

Pete Burgess

Gents, what is the difference between a Jedi and a Jedi Lift?

satinet

The wing is different at least. The fuselage probably is as well (think the wing joiners are different on the jedi lift)

Baudis has a habit of releasing a model similar to a first model and then calling it "lift".

e.g  ceres - ceres lift / Fosa - fosa lift / Jedi - jedi lift

I'm not sure what makes them more "lifty" than the previous models. I don't think it's necessarily a more cambered wing section or that they are actually more lifty.  As far as I know the lift versions are all completely different from the non-lift versions - e.g different fuselages as well. I stand to be corrected!

I guess baudis has the ability to prototype and produce new models much faster than other manufacturers, so he can take design concepts forward or in different directions quickly.  Maybe they can't think of new names fast enough?

Andy_B

Nearly all of ther recent Baudis models parts are interchangable   hence all the space lift stuff .....but the Jedi Lift is different   you cannot move the fuz or wings about  not sure on the tailplane ...maybe this is the start of another Baudis line

drewetm
22 hours ago, Maxscotland said:

Hi Martin 

Cheers Ewan 

Ewan

I flew the Jedi lift for days 2 and 3 of the South of England Open. Have to say that given the limited time ( none at all ) for set up it was very impressive. It was easy to fly and very grippy in the turns. The pitbulls tend to have a habit at speed of waggling the tail, the Jedi lift tail was rock solid . I think the general consensus from me as pilot and the others watching was that it looked to be very capable and probably a natural next step up from previous Baudis models. I am hoping to get some more time with it over the next few weekends.

Pete B

In terms of its design, it doesn't appear to have any interchangeable parts with any of the rest of the baudis range . As for the wing it definately has more camber compared the the standard Jedi, not sure of other differences if any

Martin

• Like 1

Pete Burgess

Thanks Martin,

All being well I will soon have the Jedi back in action when a new wing panel is delivered. I am thinking about my next purchase. So far I am leaning towards a Pitbull but would a Jedi Lift be better? (Interchangeable parts does not worry me) I need a model that's better than the Jedi in light air.

Pete

Maxscotland

Thanks Martin.

It sounds real good! Will be great hearing how you and it develop over the winter. What conditions best suit it and if the pitbull betters it in any department.

I've asked baudis for a price for a new wing panel and am waiting for a reply. But I guess I'll have lots of time to get to grips with the pitbull now until I get the Jedi back up and running.

Cheers Ewan 

• Like 1

George Young
12 hours ago, Maxscotland said:

I've asked baudis for a price for a new wing panel and am waiting for a reply. But I guess I'll have lots of time to get to grips with the pitbull now until I get the Jedi back up and running.

Cheers Ewan 

Just think Ewan, you would save on delivery if you order a Jedi Lift as well as a new wing panel for your Jedi :thumbsup: 

• Like 3