Jump to content
Alibabaj

Jedi Lift

Recommended Posts

Les

Well that was the shortest life of any plane I've ever had.

My beautiful new Jedi Lift arrived yesterday afternoon.

So what a great surprise I had when I got home.

Straight into the shed to admire and set up to my transmitter,great everything working spot on.

Looked at the wearther for today and bang on Westerly so Pole Cottage on the Long Mynd it is.

Phoned work in my best sick voice and of I went😷😆

Four excellent flights so decided to take the new beasts to a speck and go for a speed run,mayday mayday.

Well I had no control at all and it came down from around 500feet and buried itself in to the side of the hill😢

Well she was a nice model but no more,it's completely scrapped. 

No sure but might of been receiver battery failure because it's not holding any charge.

What a bummer😣

I'm just about to order a new one again.

The Wife's going to kill me😕

R.I.P Jedi Lift.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
f3f

**** happens!

😷 Sorry !

Hope you "can find" a way to get a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satinet
6 minutes ago, Les said:

Well that was the shortest life of any plane I've ever had.

My beautiful new Jedi Lift arrived yesterday afternoon.

So what a great surprise I had when I got home.

Straight into the shed to admire and set up to my transmitter,great everything working spot on.

Looked at the wearther for today and bang on Westerly so Pole Cottage on the Long Mynd it is.

Phoned work in my best sick voice and of I went😷😆

Four excellent flights so decided to take the new beasts to a speck and go for a speed run,mayday mayday.

Well I had no control at all and it came down from around 500feet and buried itself in to the side of the hill😢

Well she was a nice model but no more,it's completely scrapped. 

No sure but might of been receiver battery failure because it's not holding any charge.

What a bummer😣

I'm just about to order a new one again.

The Wife's going to kill me😕

R.I.P Jedi Lift.

 

 

 

what sort of RX battery is it?  2/3a?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
f3f

😈 a "bad" one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
3 minutes ago, satinet said:

 

 

what sort of RX battery is it?  2/3a?

One of my frsky RX out of one of my Pitbulls and a 2cell 1850 pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Oh man, reading that just wants to make me cry... I didn't even know you had ordered one. 

Is it that bad? Please don't say you have already binned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
1 minute ago, Brett82 said:

Oh man, reading that just wants to make me cry... I didn't even know you had ordered one. 

Is it that bad? Please don't say you have already binned it.

The bits are in the skip😢

Just put an order to Baudis for another one.

But it will be another 4 month's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
24 minutes ago, f3f said:

😈 a "bad" one

Totally destroyed 

The nose cone is still in the hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82
3 minutes ago, Les said:

The bits are in the skip😢

Just put an order to Baudis for another one.

But it will be another 4 month's.

That's a pity, but I suppose even if I bought it off you I wouldn't have been able to fix it if you couldn't. Just my over optimistic side again, haha. 

At least the next one is on order. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
1 minute ago, Brett82 said:

That's a pity, but I suppose even if I bought it off you I wouldn't have been able to fix it if you couldn't. Just my over optimistic side again, haha. 

At least the next one is on order. 

Yep

The Wife's going to go mad,there go's my pay rise money for six months.😭😞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mtreble

Ouch - sorry to hear that Les. It's happened to us all at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Tell the wife it was damaged in transit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromit

Gutted for you Les.

  Stu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
26 minutes ago, mtreble said:

Ouch - sorry to hear that Les. It's happened to us all at some point.

Like you said Mark it happens.

O well time to get over it and move on.

But thanks mate

See you soon with my new new one😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
17 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Tell the wife it was damaged in transit. 

She wouldn't know one plane from the other.

But she dose look at the Bank statements.

I think she would be more angry about me pulling a sick day.

But I am feeling sick😷

Hopefully a days flying in Wales Sunday should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rumbey

That's a damn shame Les. Lets just hope you Boss doesn't read this thread as well!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Really sorry for you, Les. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pete Burgess

Hard luck Les, I feel for you :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter G

Hard luck Les. I feel your pain, I lost an FS3 on maiden when the Tx packed up. A double whammy as I wasn't going to fly with that tranny again!

Still time to change your order for a straight Jedi? You wouldn't have to go so high to achieve the same speed :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Brand new colour scheme for my brand new JL:

IMG_0625.thumb.JPG.ff5bae6a136987c146b96b3d927d44d6.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.