Sign in to follow this  
martynk

Mad Hatter F3-RES

Whitmore

Wow that's pretty!

My own effort is waiting for my CAD skills to catch up with the rest of the design... :sweat:

Jon

mhodgson

Ag 3X series as in the allegro-lite.Nice and easy to build.

martynk

Post a few photos occasionally please. I would love to see how you get on with this..

mhodgson

OK. Could be a little while though. Decorating the room I use to build in at moment. Should be done by time drawing is complete though.

martynk
6 hours ago, Whitmore said:

Nice to see this in the air Martyn! Look forward to hearing more about the handling and flying characteristics. Do you have an accurate all up weight figure yet?

I think 6mm carbon for a centre joiner is a little undersized too, 6mm is used on the mid panel joiners of most of the F3-RES designs where loads are reduced. At least you have a practical data point now :)

Jon

Hi Jon

Sorry, I missed this post.

Flight characteristics. Its a little sensitive on elevator but when stable it seems to stay stable, I need to reduce the elevator throw - considerably. I have already (since I flew it) reduced the attachment point on the servo arm to reduce travel by 1/3. Hopefully, that will be sufficient. I don't want to move the CG forward (by an amount that would make a significant difference to dampen the elevator response). I'll increase expo (currently 40%) slightly but I find too much expo can make it harder to control as the throw kicks in hard towards end of travel..

Rudder response is excellent, Far better than the Bubble Dancer and my own Cheshire Cat. Not twitchy though. Obviously, I haven't tried it in strong lift yet so unable to check its spiral stability but will do soon - hopefully :)

Air temp on Monday was 2C warming to 3C by the time I left. Very still and fairly cool.

OK on the joiner. It was OK on the Aquila as I mentioned but as we have discussed I am now looking at a hybrid.