Long Mynd, Shropshire F3f

isoaritfirst

isoaritfirst

Sunday 31st July 

All are welcome but registering your entry is a requirement. - here's the link.

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries

Entries are open now and close on 27th July.

Entry fee will be collected on the day provided the event runs.

If you enter now but then find your circumstances change and you can't make it on the day then please drop me a mail if you can to let me know.

If conditions look unfavourable for running a competition the event will be cancelled via a A Weather call which will be made and announced here on Friday evening(29th) if possible before 6.00pm.

If you are a local to the Long Mynd please come along and enter into the fun of the day. you will be very welcome and there is always plenty of help on hand if you need a gentle stear into your first comp.

Although this is a BMFA league comp it is anticipate that due to holiday commitments the entry will be quite small, allowing for lots of flying and lots of fun. 

Any questions then please feel free to PM me, and spread the word , it would be great to see a good turn out of local fliers having a go at "their" comp.

Mike

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

If your not local and fancy a weekend away, then I can assure you of a great weekend in stunning scenery that has a lot to offer, 

Personally, I will be there all weekend and if the weather is appropriate Saturday I will be taking a tour around the hills on the MTB and then an hour or so in the evening for a quick fly before settling down to a beer and a barby. 

Close by Bridgenorth and Ludlow both have very good markets on a Saturday and Ludlow is renowned as one of the best place places for great locally produced food, 

PM me if you need advice on where to stay.

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

Thanks Mike - hoping I can get up to this one - before the chaos of house moving sets in & blots out August & September (October...)

Phil.

• Like 1

I've registered :frantics:

I'm spending the weekend down at the Mynd and will be flying on Saturday with a few of the locals. So if you are not local and want a weekend flying you will have loads of company and are welcome to join us.

• Like 1

George and I are in. Staying in Shrewsbury the night before so might get a fly on the Saturday.

Hoping to do all the remaining events but struggling a bit to work out where to stay for Whitesheet. I'm thinking Bristol as it would be roughly equidistant bewteen Whitesheet and the Bwlch...

• Like 3

Stefan Bertschi
2 hours ago, Peter G said:

George and I are in. Staying in Shrewsbury the night before so might get a fly on the Saturday.

Hoping to do all the remaining events but struggling a bit to work out where to stay for Whitesheet. I'm thinking Bristol as it would be roughly equidistant bewteen Whitesheet and the Bwlch...

Stay in Protishead sounds a lot cooler :-)

3 hours ago, Peter G said:

Pete I live in Chippenham which is 45 mins to Whitesheet and 1 1/4hrs to Bwlch

Rocket Ronnie
7 hours ago, Peter G said:

Hi Peter when I've done the EPP in the past and stopped for the F3F I've stayed in Wincanton, great little place lots of pubs and indians too

Hi Pete,

Dave's suggestion of Chippenham is probably your best bet, its also close to Westbury and Roundway if you want to explore other slopes on the Saturday.

Wincanton as Ronny said is close to Whitesheet but 2 1/2 hrs from Wales, with no other slopes near by.

I live in Wells, very cultural with the Cathedral, if you like that sort of thing. 40mins from Whitesheet 1 3/4 hrs from Wales. The West Mendip club site Crook peak only 20 mins away.

Wherever you plan to stay give me a call and we can meet up.

Graeme.

isoaritfirst

Now we have Whitesheet sorted, can we get back to rounding up a few fliers for the Mynd. 

Church Stretton is the best place to stay, right at the foot of the hill. The Jaipur Indian is recommended. 

The Long Mynd offers probably the best entry into F3f of any slopes in the Uk. Very smooth easy landings with no hint of rotor and soft heather. If the weather plays ball it's well capable of giving a great comp. 

Full size glider field ontop of the hill is worth a look if you find yourself with a bit of free time on Saturday.

If your into mtb then bring your bike. I'm happy to show you around. 

So make a weekend of it. Shropshire has lots to offer  

• Like 1

Buffymadforrc

I'm as fresh as they one to F3f, only having 3 or 4 flights under my belt with a Willow 2, would I be able to enter, I can be the one you laugh at, I'm an accomplished flyer though with 30 experience in power and sport slope

19 minutes ago, Buffymadforrc said:

I'm as fresh as they one to F3f, only having 3 or 4 flights under my belt with a Willow 2, would I be able to enter, I can be the one you laugh at, I'm an accomplished flyer though with 30 experience in power and sport slope

100% you can enter, there will be plenty of experienced pilots on hand to help and give advice where needed. Just make sure you have BMFA insurance.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Buffymadforrc said:

Dont you worry, this is my first comp too and my model isn't even as up to date as yours. I have a good old original Willow so I'm not going to let you have all the laughs :lol: I will claim a few too.

We all got to start somewhere and trust me, I've met a bunch of the guys that will be there and from what I've seen those laughs will actually be cheers of encouragement. See you there.

Brett

• Like 5

isoaritfirst

Just had a lovely hour on Pole Cot. Real smooth lift. Light but 650 g seemed about right. 

• Like 1

Anyone else heading there for Saturday?  I've managed to book a B&B for Saturday night IN Church Stretton   :thumbsup:

They had 1 more single room yesterday - £35.  The Belvedere.

• Like 2

Phil.Taylor

Anyone fancy a curry on Saturday evg? Ive booked a table at the Jaipur in Church Stretton. Let me know on here if you are interested.

Phil.